Marlon Lucky

Lucky could be a younger version of Michael Westbrook in the pros. He's far from a bust here, but I don't think he ever fully reached his potential. some of that was coaching but a lot of it was simply the fact that Marlon had a hard time not being "the man" right away and than had a hard time adjusting and putting maximum effort into getting better and practicing quite as hard as he could have.

He's figured that out now and is really improving but unfortunately now the injuries have kept him down the past few weeks and he hasn't been able to do what he's capable.

If he's healthy for the last three games though he could be primed for a going out party at the bowl game.

:yeah

If you dont think about stars, and dont compare him to Helu(who at this rate will be a top tier RB IMO)

I think you have to say he is a great player, he has helped NU out tremendous player.

Also I think he will get drafted about 4th round, because of this year's RB class, he would be a great fantasy player in the right system, because he can catch.

Bust tag? You have to be kidding. Guy is going to leave in the top 5 in total offense, possibly and we are thinking of him as a bust? What does that say about the guys he passed?

ML5 a bust, no. Did he perform up to the expectations that people thought, IMO no.

He is a very well rounded RB and could have a very productive career in the NFL, especially with the way several teams are going to the 2 back system but IMO he isn't an every down RB like Tomlinson but if he ends up in a system like the Saints have, when Deuce and Reggie are healthy, he could be a major factor.

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Get off the hype vs. hope vs. expectations vs. performance crap. I'm sorry these threads are drug through the mud every week it seems. :bang Enjoy the kid while he is here and then 25 years from now you can tell the children, grandchildren, whatever, what an ALL AROUND back Marlon Lucky was, and how he was under appreciated his whole career.

Damn my promotion to the Travel Squad was a message with dead horses and me b!tchin. At least I now get a seat on the bus :woo:cheers

Marlon just doesn't have the vision of a great running back and he does not break tackles. Some team with a pure RB who they would like to take out on third and 4 or more for a guy with Marlon's hands will draft him. He'll get some 3rd down action. Otherwise he'll be the third back on the team. I don't even see ML being the 2nd best back on an NFL team. Roy Helu has shown us you can get yards behind our line if you know where to look, how to hit the hole and possibly break a tackle.