Marlon Lucky

I think he got off to a little bit of a slow start but came back and has done a lot of things right. He has all the fundamentals and I think he will get drafted but it might be in the later rounds. He has had a good career and did a lot of good things for us. He didnt even mind splitting time to start off his senior year so for that i applaud him :clap

Lucky is a ball player, he may not be a powerback that Nebraska is used to having, but he is going to leave as a top five player for total yards. That to me, does not represent "bust" at all. Some people must think that because he was a five star recruit, that he should of won the Heisman trophy and had at least two 2000 yard rushing seasons. There are not too many players even capable of putting up those types of numbers, so I wouldn't call someone that does not reach those milestones a bust.

I think he can thank BC for screwing up his career at Nebraska and possibly costing him a Heisman. No coaching and no chance of playing until this year in a roll that would make any difference, and not blocking in front of him to start this year. I think Lucky could have been a productive back at the college level, but I am not so sure he will fare well if he gets a chance with the NFL as a running back.

You have got to be kidding me.

Bill Callahan cost Marlon Lucky a Heisman?

Something tells me Bill Callahan took down Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch as well.

Lucky has had every chance and to his credit has made the most of it. But he wasn't good enough as a sophomore to stop Brandon Jackson from taking over his carries and he wasn't good enough this year to keep Roy Helu Jr. from supplanting him. If he goes to the NFL - and I think he'll get a shot but never see significant action - it's because the West Coast offense allowed him to be showcased as a receiver out of the backfield in the same way running back are now being utilized in the NFL. That he doesn't hit the line well in college doesn't bode well for him in the pros.

But he's had great moments, done everything that's been asked from him and deserves his place in the Nebraska record books.

I think he might also have the highest passer rating in the history of the NCAA.