Marlon Lucky

Marlon "HOLLYWOOD" Lucky will be drafted...HIGH!

Mark my words...barring major injury, he will join the likes of Correll Buckhalter as far as Huskers RBs making nice coin to play in the league for a long time.

It amazes me how quick people that are "die-hard" fans forget what this kid has done with rather suspect blocking around him...

Two games that stick out vividly in my mind and the minds of NFL scouts are the Cotton Bowl against Auburn and the game last year at Texas. When he is the "go to guy" and gets the majority of the carries and also a chance to get some mid screens and the ball in space he impresses everyone who watches.

One thing Hollywood does really, really well is get his pad level to a point where he has leverage on LBs and even DEs...this goes virtually unnoticed to most, but NFL scouts drool over this type of stuff from a RB.

His hands are incredible, no further explanation...

One thing that has puzzled me about the Shawn Watson era of Husker offense is the lack of utilization of the athletes and using the players to their strengths...how many screens have we run to Hollywood? how many wheel routes has Hollywood run against OLB? One thing I will give Callahan is that he knew how to use his RBs effectively to get mismatches. Watson does a very poor job of this. Now maybe this is coming down from Pelini moving towards a more traditional smash mouth type offense. Whatever it is, I think Lucky has been lost in the shuffle this year, but trust me, come draft day we will be celebrating Hollywood's draft by the end of DAY 1!!!! (or early day 2...)

I think he will test will and the scouts will love his films as far as blocking and receiving go...

Marlon "HOLLYWOOD" Lucky will be drafted...HIGH!

Mark my words...barring major injury, he will join the likes of Correll Buckhalter as far as Huskers RBs making nice coin to play in the league for a long time.

It amazes me how quick people that are "die-hard" fans forget what this kid has done with rather suspect blocking around him...

Two games that stick out vividly in my mind and the minds of NFL scouts are the Cotton Bowl against Auburn and the game last year at Texas. When he is the "go to guy" and gets the majority of the carries and also a chance to get some mid screens and the ball in space he impresses everyone who watches.

One thing Hollywood does really, really well is get his pad level to a point where he has leverage on LBs and even DEs...this goes virtually unnoticed to most, but NFL scouts drool over this type of stuff from a RB.

His hands are incredible, no further explanation...

One thing that has puzzled me about the Shawn Watson era of Husker offense is the lack of utilization of the athletes and using the players to their strengths...how many screens have we run to Hollywood? how many wheel routes has Hollywood run against OLB? One thing I will give Callahan is that he knew how to use his RBs effectively to get mismatches. Watson does a very poor job of this. Now maybe this is coming down from Pelini moving towards a more traditional smash mouth type offense. Whatever it is, I think Lucky has been lost in the shuffle this year, but trust me, come draft day we will be celebrating Hollywood's draft by the end of DAY 1!!!! (or early day 2...)

I think he will test will and the scouts will love his films as far as blocking and receiving go...

Thats exactly the way I feel about the way Shawn Watson runs the offense. It seems we don't give enough carries to the hot back (sometimes Lucky but more often Helu IMO), we don't utilize Marlon Lucky as a receiving threat enough, we run too many screen passes on 3rd & 10. Its also the way we run those screen passes - throwing to a receiver behind the line of scrimmage. Sometimes Lucky or Helu will start doing good & then instead of giving the ball to the hot back, we'll give the ball to Castille & he'll fumble sometimes.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang MARLON IS NO BUST :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:bang:bang:bang:bang I COMPLELELY AGREE WITH DJR313 :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:bang:bang:bang:bang "BUST TAG? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING. :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:throw

Lucky could be a younger version of Michael Westbrook in the pros. He's far from a bust here, but I don't think he ever fully reached his potential. some of that was coaching but a lot of it was simply the fact that Marlon had a hard time not being "the man" right away and than had a hard time adjusting and putting maximum effort into getting better and practicing quite as hard as he could have.

He's figured that out now and is really improving but unfortunately now the injuries have kept him down the past few weeks and he hasn't been able to do what he's capable.

If he's healthy for the last three games though he could be primed for a going out party at the bowl game.

He's not a bust and I think he will get drafted somewhere in the 4th round. The guy has done good things for this program and while he hasn't progressed quite as well as I would've liked, he is definately getting better. The guy is a good blocker and a great receiving back. I wish nothing, but good things for him in the future.

Not a bust...solid player for the offensive system. His accomplishments, at least to people like me who grew up in the old "run, run and run again" era of Nebraska football have, I think, a tendency to diminish his results by comparing them to the backs of yesteryear....but times change.

Probable draft choice but I would be surprised if he goes before the 4th round.