Trevor Robinson

WVhuskerXX

I'd venture to guess the job placement out of ND is far and above the job placement at UNL. When I graduated from UNL, I was basically told well you're on your own now.

When I was involved in hiring, we didn't necessarily make any kind of big deal about which school a kid went to when making the hiring decision. (It could have been used as part of the screening process prior to interviews but then again I've interviewed kids from Harvard and DeVry for the same position.) However, the amount or compensation offered was based on the school they went to: Schools were broken down into 3 tiers and offers were based on which tier the school fell into.

WOW, Capitalism at it's ugliest! What a system!

You are right Junior.........but read my entire post and you would have answered your own question about the law degree from Harvard or NU... I said each university has it's own programs that they seem to specialize in....no doubt... Harvard Law is tops....

Guys, let's be real here. Of course a Notre Dame degree carries more weight nationally than an NU degree. Notre Dame undergrad is ranked 18th in the country. Nebraska is ranked 89th.

If there wasn't a major competitive advantage to getting a degree from a top 20 school, people wouldn't be busting down the doors to get in.

US News & World Report 2009 Undergraduate Rankings