Trevor Robinson

WVhuskerXX

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about how Trevor likes it at ND.... i kno some people wouldnt want him to transfer to NU if he wanted to. I for one would welcome him back, because I feel that everyone deserves a second chance....I have no information either way..for all i kno he could love it there...so if anyone has any info it would be appreciated..i just remember reading that his dad really pushed for him to go there....

Will agree that Trevor could use the coaching turmoil to chose ND and I did and will continue to wish him luck..... but, I don't necessarily agree that the ND name on a degree means a whole lot.... As a teacher, we even promote CC for kids or trade schools. Heck, my brother went to a CC and makes more $$ than I do... I have NU on my degree and haven't had any problem finding employement, and my wife has UNK (kearney) on hers and she is making a very fine living..... a degree is a degree........ employers hire "good people", not paper.... (unless you hold a degree from Colorado, which in turn, all bets are off)

Will agree that Trevor could use the coaching turmoil to chose ND and I did and will continue to wish him luck..... but, I don't necessarily agree that the ND name on a degree means a whole lot.... As a teacher, we even promote CC for kids or trade schools. Heck, my brother went to a CC and makes more $$ than I do... I have NU on my degree and haven't had any problem finding employement, and my wife has UNK (kearney) on hers and she is making a very fine living..... a degree is a degree........ employers hire "good people", not paper.... (unless you hold a degree from Colorado, which in turn, all bets are off)

There is something to the name cache a degree brings in the business world, at least from my experience. It helps open doors. Name cache cannot and will not do more than that, the person is responsible for what he/she does with an opportunity.

Fair enough.....I can agree with that.... if may get you an interview, but the better "person" will get the job, most of the time, regardless of what university in on the degree. Plus, it depends on the degree..... Different universities are known for their own special area's.

But I'll agree that the Name probably does "get you in the door".

Actually, a ND degree does carry more weight. It shouldn't, but it does. ND is a Catholic school. Which denomination is the largest in the U.S.? You guessed it, Catholic. This is why they're the most followed football team in the nation.

On a side note, do you actually think a law degree from UNL carries as much weight as one from Harvard?

I personaly would not have cared at all had he not stung us along by commiting to begin with. Then to choose ND! :angry: Ouch!

But he's still a Nebraskan, so I wish him the best. And if folks can get over ol' Scotty Frost going to Blandford, then I don't see why we should care about this kid. (Of course Frost did eventually see the errors of his ways. Or at least his spot on the depth chart!)

I'd venture to guess the job placement out of ND is far and above the job placement at UNL. When I graduated from UNL, I was basically told well you're on your own now.

When I was involved in hiring, we didn't necessarily make any kind of big deal about which school a kid went to when making the hiring decision. (It could have been used as part of the screening process prior to interviews but then again I've interviewed kids from Harvard and DeVry for the same position.) However, the amount or compensation offered was based on the school they went to: Schools were broken down into 3 tiers and offers were based on which tier the school fell into.