Wheres the hate for CU around here???

JHaWk

Double post...

I have absolutely nothing against the Colorado program, in fact I rather approve of Dan Hawkins and what he's trying to do and hope that the situation works.

But man, my hatred is deep for the Colorado fans.

BTW, anyone who actually hates a team, that's just childish. It's not the team that smack talks, thinks they are all that, or anything of that sort. It's the fans period.

I tend to agree with you until your last two sentences...

Except in the case of Miami Hurricane playas. (Usually the 1st team I picture talking smak).

Plus...

They don't even have fans.

Easy folks... anybody that thinks THIS next game is gonna be a walk in the park could be in for some real misery. I'm a husker fan thru and thru, but you've GOT to give CU this advantage... They are LITERALLY playing FOR a bowl game. Think that won't make them 'get up' for our men in red? Heck, CU gets up for the Nebraska games just BECAUSE. Remember last year? (Grrrrrooooan...) I think CU hates us MORE than we hate them right now! Besides, I watched that last CU game and they gave Ok. State more trouble than they SHOULD have. No, no... Our boys better be READY for a huge fight and a long day with a good game. That being said, are we LOADS better defensively AND offensively than we were last year? Absolutely. I want this to be a solid blow out of 64 to 3, but our guys better eat buffalo burgers on turkey day and be READY. This IS, as far as I'm concerned, the biggest game of the season this year. Maybe not for the stats, maybe not for the ranking, but in the 'the Callahan era is OVER' aspect. My gut says CU comes RIGHT OUT AT US every play and gives us fits... Should be a good, well fought game. GO BIG RED! (Oh and that whole Ganz / Swift for president 2012 thing!)

There is no way in hell that Colorado hates us more than I hate Colorado.

Are you sure?

Re: is the "sal is dead, go big red" true?

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 06:11:41 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce Feldman of ESPN:

The worst and most classless bumper sticker ever came from the Midwest. In 1988, Colorado star quarterback, Sal Aunese, was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Aunesse died in the middle of the 1989 season. An idiot Nebraska fan printed bumper stickers that said, "Go Big Red; Sal is Dead." I know it was the work of one idiot but to this day I always pulld for the Buffaloes when they face Nebraska.

"Sal is dead, go Big Red" painted on I-70? How about the "CU in hell Sal" signs?

Although, I wouldn't put it past a few friends that graduated from CU...Trying to stir up the rivalry.

Some idiot posted Sal is dead in the comments on the huskerextra blog last week. Stay classy kids.

You all do know that really at the end of the day the only difference between a CU guy and a NU guy is that one wears Black and Gold on gameday and the other wears Red and White? Anyhow, good luck next Friday, hopefully it will be a good game and may the best team win.