WR core next year

After watching some of the cool dvds of the games I just got here from Huskernation it appears that Holt is gonna be our big possession guy and probably Niles Paul the other starter. I'm interested to see what Cooper brings to the table.

I doubt if it happens, but if Green comes in like a real stud outta the gate, his whole read option thing combined with the passing attack could make our O pretty SICK! He's supposedly a pretty good passer..... :corndance

Khiry Cooper and Steven Osborne are the two to watch out for next year. Steven will push for PT and I will go as far to say Khiry may be our main target by the end of next year. Kid is good, really good.

CG needs to get his touches as well. You cannot trot a kid out there, let him drop a pass then bench him. You kill a kids confidence that way. CG is by far the fastest WR we have and actually has great hands. The coaches just need to show confidence in him by giving him more opportunities.

Whose doghouse does CG get in Gilmore's or Watson's?

Not trying to bash here, but from the wide receivers that I've seen this year play for NU, Swift is far away the most athletic and fastest WR. CG maybe faster, but you got to catch the ball first. Swift is the only WR that I've seen that has the ability for YAC yards and the ability to make people miss. Holt is the same version as T. Pederson. Niles Paul isn't nearly as talented as N. Swift. Take the stars out of your head. Swift is the most fluid WR on the team-he will me missed badly. Hopefully he goes on up to NJ this winter and trains with that outfit that does wonders for NU players numbers at the combine.

Not trying to bash here, but from the wide receivers that I've seen this year play for NU, Swift is far away the most athletic and fastest WR. CG maybe faster, but you got to catch the ball first. Swift is the only WR that I've seen that has the ability for YAC yards and the ability to make people miss. Holt is the same version as T. Pederson. Niles Paul isn't nearly as talented as N. Swift. Take the stars out of your head. Swift is the most fluid WR on the team-he will me missed badly. Hopefully he goes on up to NJ this winter and trains with that outfit that does wonders for NU players numbers at the combine.

:yeah His name ain't Swift for no reason.

What about Edwards? How is he progressing? Is the 4.4 speed that was listed with his recruiting profile a big stretch? As was discussed before, there aren't many big receivers who have burning speed. Willie, do you know?

I'm gonna guess you meant Henry from your later post.

Henry just has bad hands is about all there is to it.

Khiry Cooper and Steven Osborne are the two to watch out for next year. Steven will push for PT and I will go as far to say Khiry may be our main target by the end of next year. Kid is good, really good.

CG needs to get his touches as well. You cannot trot a kid out there, let him drop a pass then bench him. You kill a kids confidence that way. CG is by far the fastest WR we have and actually has great hands. The coaches just need to show confidence in him by giving him more opportunities.

Whose doghouse does CG get in Gilmore's or Watson's?

It isn't that he is in anyones dog house. If you wanted to put it that way though, it would be Gilmore's. He's got a thing for not particularly trusting the younger WR's or giving other guys a chance. People like CG, Paul and Brooks should get more touches, but do not for whatever reason

Maybe it is just an overall coaching thing though? Kinda reminds me of the Helu situation at the beginning of the season. Helu was showing everyone he was the best back on the team in practice, but he never got the carries to show for it. It took him weeks before the coaches finally gave him the shot he deserved and look at him now.

:yeah His name ain't Swift for no reason.

I don't think anyone's arguing that Swift isn't our best rcvr, but that didn't happen overnite--well he's been pretty good for about 3 yrs now, so whatever. He has some moves, and gets open and almost never drops a ball. He's not a speed burner though is his only weakness.

But I think Paul and Holt are gonna be pretty good with more experience.

I think one thing that makes Swift and Peterson so good, is that they have had five years to work with Ganz. They all trust one another and they know what each one is capable of. I don't think that we should expect Green to come in and have the same rythem with Paul, Holt, or any of the other recievers. It takes time and a lot of route running in the summer and over the course of the year to gain that sort of rythem.