Mitch Rodriguez

mickijc_20

I have come to notice that he is not doing so hot at Michigan and i think that what happened to us the past 4 years is going to happen at Michigan. What are your thoughts?

Yes, like Callahan, Rodrigues is doing a major offensive overhaul. But unlike Callahan, Rodrigues is a proven college HC and I see him as having no problem getting MI back to where they are a contender--once he gets his style recruits in there. They're getting Shavodrick Beaver in there next year, a 4 * duel threat guy from TX, similar to Cody Green.

I think Weis is more like Calli. Good coordinator but maybe not a great college HC. Weis probably has until the end of next year to get things going at ND.

i can see some similarities between rodrigues and cally. both brought in systems that didn't fit the current talent they both had upon arrival at their respective programs. and both are hard headed enough no to change their schemes to fit their strengths to ensure atleast a .500 season. the big differance though is that Rodriguez brings some College credentials thanks to a successful run at WVU. Callhan honestly brought nothing credential's wise on top of the fact he just plain sucked.

michigan has talent right now just not the right pieces of the puzzle to make that offense click...i f you look at their skill positions there's talent...they just do not have the type of qb to operate in that offense....they always have a good recruiting class every year..the players also need to get more familiar with the new offense...

I would like to thank Michigan for making the change when they did. I do think that Rich R will get that program back to where it was, but his hiring helped keep one or two of the Husker records we still have left.

Our Seasons winning streak, or our none losing seasons streak. They were about to tie us I believe if they would have had a winning season this year, in one of them.

GBR!!!

Oh..Mich(igan) Rodriquez.

I get it.

Reminds me of Less Nessman of WKRP trying his hand at Sports ..talking about "Chy Chy Rod ra GWEEZE" (Chi Chi Rodriguez).

Micht Rodriguez coached by many on OSU-Michigan tradition

BY GEORGE SIPPLE • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • November 19, 2008

Rich Mich Rodriguez didn't make any brash statements about beating Ohio State when he became Michigan's coach in December 2007.

That didn't mean he lacked an understanding of the fierce football rivalry that ends each team's Big Ten season. Some think Rodriguez hasn't fully embraced the rivalry as Jim Tressel did when he replaced John Cooper as Ohio State's coach in 2001.

In Tressel's first speech, he told the Columbus faithful they would be proud of the players in the classroom and community, and "most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on the football field."

Ohio State beat Michigan in 2001, and Tressel has left the field a victor in six of seven meetings against the Wolverines.

Rodriguez was asked Tuesday if he has been coached up on the rivalry.

"Yeah, I've had about 480,000 alumni that's coached me up," Rodriguez said.

He said the rivalry is mentioned continuously, "not only when you're on the job but when you're on vacation. I think part of it is there's so much intensity involved with it. It's certainly a privilege to be part of the rivalry. I would hope and think that every one of our players feel the same way."

Rodriguez took exception Monday when asked why he hadn't made the rivalry the ultimate priority.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe I have and you all don't know it," Rodriguez said. "I don't think everything that I'm thinking or telling the team is made public. But I didn't make any public statements or declarations or anything like that because there are a whole lot of things that we're trying to do."

Rodriguez said he would "never diminish the importance of a Michigan-Ohio State game ever. Never have, never would. Wouldn't be smart to do that. I wouldn't do it anyway.

"First day I got on the job, somebody sent me an Ohio State button, and it's sitting next to my phone. I see it every day. Just because I don't say something about that on my first day on the job doesn't mean I don't understand the importance of the game.

"It's just we're in a process of trying to build a championship program, and there are a lot of things on our plate."

Rodriguez and Tressel have spent time together through the American Football Coaches Association, and they've known each other since before Tressel coached at Ohio State.

"Some of his coaches came to visit us a few years back when I was at West Virginia," Rodriguez said. "If I knew I was going to be here, that trip wouldn't have happened. So I've known several of their coaches for quite a few years."

Michigan's seniors haven't beaten Ohio State.

"I know that's something they all certainly would love to have," Rodriguez said. "At least they'll have the opportunity to compete for that this weekend. I think that will be part of the motivation for us, particularly our seniors who have not beaten Ohio State."

WIDE OUT: Sophomore wide receiver Zion Babb was dismissed from the team for unspecified reasons. Babb, from Alhambra, Calif., played in six games and caught two passes for 45 yards. Rodriguez said he wants to talk to Babb, "but he certainly won't be playing in this (Ohio State) ballgame."

Contact GEORGE SIPPLE at 313-223-4796 or

gsipple@freepress.com.

The Callahan comments at this point are a little well deserved as he has done nothing to gradually change the culture, and pissed off the fan base left and right. The only difference I have seen thus far is that RichRod has admitted that he made a mistake in doing those things. If he means it or not remains to be seen but at least he admits he was wrong.

At least Cally never gave us 9 losses in a season...ouch