would you consider cu a rival?

shagg

Why do we even need to call a team a rival. I want to win every game not just every game against one particular school. I hate losing to anyone and there is not one team out there that I hate losing to more than another. I hate Colorado fans, but I also hate Kansas fans, KSU fans, Missouri fans and a quite a few others that think that their programs are better than Nebraska.

Nebraska-Colorado is more of a hate game than a rivalry.

Exactly my point. That and the fact that people just can't quit trying to force it down my throat. By now it might have become a capital R rivalry to me if not for that.

That and all of the nastiness about fan behavior an all. Not what the game is about in my book. I wouldn't mind the student bodies playing harmless pranks, and friendly smack talk between fans that then buy each other beers... but when it goes past the harmless it ruins the fun for me. By now part of me wishes this game would just go away.

Yes, i consider CU a hated rival. OU is more of a friendly rival (or however friendly you can get with another Big 12 team).

OU is just barely a rival anymore. They've been out of our league for some time now. I mean, to have a rivalry, one of the teams has to win the game every now and then.

If we return to dominance of the North and start beating up on OU a bit, then they could be our number one rival again.

NU no longer has a rival, CU probably is as close as it gets.

neb hates the fact that cu declared nu its rival, a unilateral declaration of war so to speak. not quite appropriate or something.

but over the years, like it or not...

The mutual hatred seems to have risen to the level of rival. :nutz

But opinions vary widely.