Snyder back at KSU

TrumanBD

Well, I'm glad KSUck wasn't smart enough to go after Turner Gill. Wow, that would be a hard one to swallow if Gill took that job..... :wacko:

gill is no-one's fool. he'd take washington or syracuse way the hell before even *CONSIDERING* going to manhattan.

He'd be very cool at Washington, but Syracuse is right down the road from where he is now. I'm sure he is one of two top candidates for that job, but I can't remember the other guy they are considering.

Syracuse wouldn't be a bad gig, they've been a significant team in the past and now may give a guy like Gill more slack that UW.

It is a desperate act. No one else wanted it.

that i can believe.

in so far as the rampant speculation of coach ekeler going to KSU... that just *may* happen.

ekeler and snyder had a pretty good relationship. i can see this scenario playing out...

1. snyder becomes head coach.
  2. snyder asks ekeler to come on as his defensive coordinator.
  3. synder does the brown/muschamp - bowden/fischer-thing and trains ekeler to take over.
  4. year five, snyder steps down and ekeler takes over.

all of this is plausible, but does not address the main issue which is...

• KSU sucks.

I may be one of the few, but I just don't see this. Eck may be a great coach in waiting, but I just don't think Snyder takes a chance on him as a D-Coordinator with that small of a resume. Heck Eck doesn't even call plays now, not sure how much involvement he has in game day decisions with the brothers running the show, other than working with the LB's. I know he must be involved in the game day prep and all of that, but I think calling plays is another level. I think he knows he isn't ready for that yet. I guess KSU may offer him a lateral offer, but at this point I think Eck is more loyal to Bo than Snyder. Bo has taken him to 2 different places now and has him under his wing.

From Pat Forde today:

Kansas State (15). The fresh alternative to fired Ron Prince? Sixty-nine-year-old Bill Snyder, out of coaching since 2005. If this translates to success (defined as a return to winning records and Big 12 North championships), The Dash personally will eat yellow snow in Manhattan.

i agree that it isn't going to be a great hire, but with all due respect...

had we brought TO in as a coach many people would of thought he would of been able to have some success...

Absolutely alot of fans would have thought that was a great thing if it had happened, but not me: OZ is too old to coach, wouldn't have enough 'gas' for it and what would he have done, gone back to the triple option?

Snyder is younger, but still too old IMO :bad

I always thought Snyder was much older than the OZ..But T.O. is a couple years older.

But then..BRUCE Snyder (retired) from ASU and Cal..is even a year younger than Bill.

I still wonder how much of KSU's success was due to BS and how much was due to his great assistants.

i agree that it isn't going to be a great hire, but with all due respect...

had we brought TO in as a coach many people would of thought he would of been able to have some success...

Absolutely alot of fans would have thought that was a great thing if it had happened, but not me: OZ is too old to coach, wouldn't have enough 'gas' for it and what would he have done, gone back to the triple option?

Snyder is younger, but still too old IMO :bad

I always thought Snyder was much older than the OZ..But T.O. is a couple years older.

But then..BRUCE Snyder (retired) from ASU and Cal..is even a year younger than Bill.

I still wonder how much of KSU's success was due to BS and how much was due to his great assistants.

Well, good coaches usually attract and surround themselves with other good coaches.

Snyder was a very good coach. He brought KSU up from nothing into a near contender. His way of leading was similar to OZ.

I think it's a mistake for him to return, but he will probably get them in better shape than Prince did.