Snyder back at KSU

TrumanBD

This move smacks of desperation. They're already screwed from that JUCO class they took last season. Snyder is the past. He didn't leave with hail the victors, either. I think KSU made a bad move here. They're still KSUCC, and this would have been as bad as Nebraska bringing back Osborne as coach. Time to move on. Remember your tradition, keep the family together, but they're playing for the past, not the future.

How much do you think Bo is looking to run the score up on the cats next season?

I was wondering the exact same thing . . .

dedhoarse < Except imagine it as an ugly silver and purple cat.

What did happen with Bo and BS? Fight or some thing? I don"t rember that.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU. :moreinteresting

In 2003 when Bo was the DC here, up 31-9 with under 2 min to play on senior day at NU, Snyder still has Sproles and Roberson in the game against senior walk-ons who are getting snaps just to be able to say they played in a game. Pelini cursed out Snyder at the 'handshake' afterwords about Snyder running up the score.

Hell, we should have dug up Devaney, propped him up on the sideline....weekend at Bernies..... when we fired Frank

Damn, I hope that he doesn't try to raid our staff with promises of future advancements. He obviously is a temp, only to bring in the next HC to mentor him for 4 yrs...

Looks like KSU will be a Big 12 North contender in the future.. Behind Big Red though. ;)

Naw, I was thinking the opposite. KSU is desperate. Snyder WAS a great coach. I don't see a '2-peat' happening down there for him.....

A strange situation at best........... :yeah

i agree that it isn't going to be a great hire, but with all due respect...

had we brought TO in as a coach many people would of thought he would of been able to have some success...

Absolutely alot of fans would have thought that was a great thing if it had happened, but not me: OZ is too old to coach, wouldn't have enough 'gas' for it and what would he have done, gone back to the triple option?

Snyder is younger, but still too old IMO :bad

This move smacks of desperation. They're already screwed from that JUCO class they took last season. Snyder is the past. He didn't leave with hail the victors, either. I think KSU made a bad move here. They're still KSUCC, and this would have been as bad as Nebraska bringing back Osborne as coach. Time to move on. Remember your tradition, keep the family together, but they're playing for the past, not the future.

Exactly what I was thinking.

It is a desperate act. No one else wanted it.

that i can believe.

in so far as the rampant speculation of coach ekeler going to KSU... that just *may* happen.

ekeler and snyder had a pretty good relationship. i can see this scenario playing out...

1. snyder becomes head coach.
  2. snyder asks ekeler to come on as his defensive coordinator.
  3. synder does the brown/muschamp - bowden/fischer-thing and trains ekeler to take over.
  4. year five, snyder steps down and ekeler takes over.

all of this is plausible, but does not address the main issue which is...

• KSU sucks.

Well, I'm glad KSUck wasn't smart enough to go after Turner Gill. Wow, that would be a hard one to swallow if Gill took that job..... :wacko:

gill is no-one's fool. he'd take washington or syracuse way the hell before even *CONSIDERING* going to manhattan.