Snyder back at KSU

TrumanBD

He will have his hands full thats for sure. Especially if Freedaman goes pro.

Funny thing about that is that Freeman never considered KSUcks when Snyder was still coach - it was only after the clown prince was hired that Freeman felt the "bond". It will be interesting to see what TEXT BOY decides to do....somehow, I don't see that as a match made in heaven.

Funny thing about that is that Freeman never considered KSUcks when Snyder was still coach - it was only after the clown prince was hired that Freeman felt the "bond". It will be interesting to see what TEXT BOY decides to do....somehow, I don't see that as a match made in heaven.

Rumor that Eckler leaving to go to KSU:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670&t=3463955

Weren't the last few years under Snyder going downhill for KSU?

Looked it up

Last 2 years under Snyder:

2004 conference 2-6, 4-7 overall

2005 conference 2-6, 5-6 overall

I'm happy he's returning

Oh, I didn't know that. Then that's good after all. Since Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri are recruiting decently, I don't think Snyder will get good recruits for this year.

:horns2

I seriously will lose all of the respect I have for Ekler if he leaves.

As for the post about the "Match Made In Heaven" between Snyder and Freeman -- didn't Freeman blame all of Snyder's recruits for all of the team's woes? I think Freems is filling out his paperwork as I'm typing this.

I seriously will lose all of the respect I have for Ekler if he leaves.

As for the post about the "Match Made In Heaven" between Snyder and Freeman -- didn't Freeman blame all of Snyder's recruits for all of the team's woes? I think Freems is filling out his paperwork as I'm typing this.

CORRECTION: As he's "TEXTING" it..... :rollin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/2...nsas-st-snyder/

DOUG TUCKER | November 23, 2008 11:04 PM EST | AP

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Former Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has told school officials that he will return to coach the Wildcats.

A person with knowledge of the hiring told The Associated Press that the 69-year-old Snyder would be introduced at a news conference Monday morning. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no official announcement had been made.

Snyder retired three years ago after turning around the football program at Kansas State in what's been called "the Miracle in Manhattan." He left with a 136-68-1 record and was replaced by Ron Prince.

The school said only that the news conference was to discuss the coaching situation.

When Snyder took over after the 1988 season, the Wildcats had gone 0-21-1 their two previous years and many people in the Big Eight Conference were wondering if the school ought to give up major college football status.

The Wildcats had a record of 299-510, the only major college with 500 losses. They'd won one conference title _ in 1934 _ and enjoyed two winning seasons in 34 years.

But by 1997, Snyder had the Wildcats contending for national as well as Big 12 honors. As one long-suffering fan put it at the time, "It's like we're a big extended family that's been living in poverty for generations, but now we've got a smart uncle who's making us all rich."

When Snyder retired as the most revered figure in the school's athletic history, the stadium was renamed "Bill Snyder Family Stadium," and the highway leading from Interstate 70 into Manhattan was renamed "Bill Snyder Highway."

Prince, who replaced Snyder after the 2005 season, was fired with three games left but finished out this season. He was 17-20 and beaten down by the same disadvantages that have plagued Kansas State for decades: no major population within a short distance to recruit from and less money than the more richly endowed institutions.

Taken From ESPN

"Former Kansas State coach Bill Snyder will return to coach the program and will be introduced at a news conference on Monday, sources said Sunday.

Snyder will return to the Wildcats after three years away. Snyder, who is 69 years old, compiled a 136-68-1 record at Kansas State from 1989-2005. He replaces Ron Prince, who finished with a 5-7 record this season and 17-20 overall in three seasons with the Wildcats.

A news conference is scheduled for 10 a.m. CT on Monday.

A source indicated to The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle that Snyder would be given a five-year contract worth $1.8 million per season.

[+] Enlarge

Bill Snyder

Scott D. Weaver/Icon SMI

Bill Snyder took Kansas State to bowls in 11 consecutive seasons during his first stint in Manhattan.

Snyder originally arrived at Kansas State in 1989 after serving on Hayden Fry's staff at Iowa as quarterbacks coach. His team started with a 1-10 record during the first season. But he turned the program around with a winning record by his third season.

Snyder was one of the nation's most successful coaches from 1993 through 2003, leading the Wildcats to at least nine victories in eight straight seasons and 10 times during that 11-season span. Snyder led the Wildcats to at least 10 victories seven times during his tenure -- the only time that has ever happened in school history.

He led the Wildcats to 11 straight bowl appearances from 1993-2003.

The turnaround caught the attention of people across college football.

Former Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer has stated that he was as impressed with Snyder's work as any in recent college history. "Hell," Switzer said. "He's not the coach of the year or the coach of the decade. Bill is the coach of the century."

Snyder holds the Kansas State record for coaching victories and has the fourth-best winning percentage (.666).

Kansas State's football stadium was named in his honor in on Nov. 16, 2005. He will have the unique honor of coaching in a stadium named after himself -- believed to be the only active FBS coach with that honor.

Snyder was on the cutting edge of sports marketing, introducing the school's famed Power Cat logo shortly after his arrival at the school. It helped signify his vision that the attitude of the school's athletic department was changing.

Snyder's son, Sean, a former All-American punter with the Wildcats, served as the director of football operations on Prince's staff. It's unclear if he will rejoin his father on his coaching staff.

Snyder is a 1962 graduate of William Jewell College, where he played defensive back from 1959-62. He also received an M.A. at Eastern New Mexico University in 1965.

After his retirement from football coaching, he served as a special assistant to the Kansas State athletic director. He's also been active in raising funds for Kansas State's library."