Kansas State National Championship Contender

mwj98

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3722908

I am very confused. At what point did Snyder almost win the National Championship??? This guy made a living off scheduling Indiana State and thrashing them. He gets a couple recruits and BAMMMMM, he is a savior? Wow.

He is a heckuva coach and many top coaches learned under him. But to say K-state was a National Championship contender is hilarious.

Give me a break.

Snyder will go down as one of the greatest college coaches, you can't argue that, he has his work cut out for him for sure. I don't see him putting in maybe 2-3 years and that won't be enough to un-Prince things, but you never know. And yes all KSU has been a pain for quite sometime now, but no they were not a legitimate title contender.

One of the radio talking heads (and K-Satan alum) on KC radio proposed:

1) ALL of the upgrades Prince did on the OOC are out the door, possible exception UCLA due to contract

2) Except for NU, ALL north division are definitely winnable, so 4 OOC + 4 North division + A&M = 9 win season!

Wow underselling KU and MU a bit aren't they?

Snyder will go down as one of the greatest college coaches, you can't argue that, he has his work cut out for him for sure. I don't see him putting in maybe 2-3 years and that won't be enough to un-Prince things, but you never know. And yes all KSU has been a pain for quite sometime now, but no they were not a legitimate title contender.

I can..........what are you basing this on?

Before I start this, I HATE KSU. Their fans are the worst, well at least as bad as CU.

While his resume is not as impressive as some, but still very, very respectable, if you consider where he did it I would argue that he should be considered among the elite. I hate KSU, but I have to give the man his due. He was 136-68-1 in his tenure there. Consider that KSU was the WORST team in history, they were the only program with 500+ losses. In the 51 years prior to Snyder, KSU only had 130 wins TOTAL. Snyder eclipsed that in only 17 years. When he took over, KSU was riding a 27 game losing streak. He took that program with horrible facilities and location and made them a power program. They went to 11 straight bowl games, he won 11 games 6 out 7 years at one point, he won a Big XII title and had shots at 2 others, and just missed out on playing for a NT. Heck even Barry Switzer said that what Snyder did should make him "Coach of the Century."

Before I start this, I HATE KSU. Their fans are the worst, well at least as bad as CU.

While his resume is not as impressive as some, but still very, very respectable, if you consider where he did it I would argue that he should be considered among the elite. I hate KSU, but I have to give the man his due. He was 136-68-1 in his tenure there. Consider that KSU was the WORST team in history, they were the only program with 500+ losses. In the 51 years prior to Snyder, KSU only had 130 wins TOTAL. Snyder eclipsed that in only 17 years. When he took over, KSU was riding a 27 game losing streak. He took that program with horrible facilities and location and made them a power program. They went to 11 straight bowl games, he won 11 games 6 out 7 years at one point, he won a Big XII title and had shots at 2 others, and just missed out on playing for a NT. Heck even Barry Switzer said that what Snyder did should make him "Coach of the Century."

I agree, Snyder should be considered one of the all-time greats. Hands down.

1) ALL of the upgrades Prince did on the OOC are out the door, possible exception UCLA due to contract

2) Except for NU, ALL north division are definitely winnable, so 4 OOC + 4 North division + A&M = 9 win season!

Yes. This guy suckles at the teats of Bill Snyder.

He was also slobbering over how he "revolutionized" college football by scheduling more cream puffs than Mangino can eat in one sitting. Bleah - this is the WORST thing to happen in recent memory.

I almost drove into the ditch.

Yes. This guy suckles at the teats of Bill Snyder.

He was also slobbering over how he "revolutionized" college football by scheduling more cream puffs than Mangino can eat in one sitting. Bleah - this is the WORST thing to happen in recent memory.

I almost drove into the ditch.

LMAO! I think I would have had a hard time driving straight after hearing all of that!

Coach of the Century? Give me a break. Yeah, the guy can coach but he doesnt compare to Tom Osborne

Coach of the Century? Give me a break. Yeah, the guy can coach but he doesnt compare to Tom Osborne

No arguement here. It is not unusual for Barry to go overboard with his comments like that, but the respect level has to be there for him to consider saying it.

When looking at the overall perfomance of a Coach, I would say Snyder pulled a miracle at K-State, to turn a program around like that when they were thinking about dropping football. Pretty impressive. Man, its like I just said the Hayden Fry was the best coach ever <_<:rollin Hate KSU, but applaud the man and his accomplishments.