DE Bennie Logan

chamrocck

Committed to LSU

wow... that sucks. things arent going the best right now

Yeah that sucks, but I think we are fine. If Martin comes aboard, it will cap off an excellent recruiting class this early in Bo's career. I think the coaches will still be very satisfied, even if no one else commits. But it is hard to see KU and CU get some really good commits in the month of January, while we have not gotten any lately.

Committed to LSU

Yeah that sucks, but I think we are fine. If Martin comes aboard, it will cap off an excellent recruiting class this early in Bo's career. I think the coaches will still be very satisfied, even if no one else commits. But it is hard to see KU and CU get some really good commits in the month of January, while we have not gotten any lately.

Yeah this guy sounds great. :sarcasm If Nebraska had just added him people would be going ballistic.

Things have been a little slow, but it appears that Nebraska essentially finished its class when Ankrah committed at the end of December. Colorado is still scrambling. (Kansas' class looks pretty solid on paper.) Another top-of-the-line DT, DE, LB, or WR would be the cherry on top, but doesn't seem to be required. Otherwise coaches wouldn't be visiting walk-on candidates.

Committed to LSU

Yeah this guy sounds great. :sarcasm If Nebraska had just added him people would be going ballistic.

Things have been a little slow, but it appears that Nebraska essentially finished its class when Ankrah committed at the end of December. Colorado is still scrambling. (Kansas' class looks pretty solid on paper.) Another top-of-the-line DT, DE, LB, or WR would be the cherry on top, but doesn't seem to be required. Otherwise coaches wouldn't be visiting walk-on candidates.

too bad he looks like he could be a good one in a couple of years

Committed to LSU

Our class is pretty full the way it is. I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

i HAVE SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE CLASS AS A WHole(sorry about the caps lock) just made a simple observation... and its true. things as of late haven't gone well. that can change quickly

Committed to LSU

Our class is pretty full the way it is. I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

i HAVE SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE CLASS AS A WHole(sorry about the caps lock) just made a simple observation... and its true. things as of late haven't gone well. that can change quickly

What do you mean? For over a month we have been looking to fill maybe 1-2 spots in this class and that's it. Since Ankrah committed, we have targeted a very few select players. Besides Omigie, we have not really missed on anyone. Logan was a pipe dream the minute LSU offered and there was not a single thing we could do to control that.

Logan was a pipe dream the minute LSU offered and there was not a single thing we could do to control that.

:yeah Basically Nebraska was still in the conversation because LSU was trying to get him to grayshirt. And that just put Nebraska and LSU even. Since LSU said he no longer needs to grayshirt, he committed almost immediately. I'm pretty sure past posts talk about if LSU offered, he'd commit to them, so it's not a surprise.

you guys are reading WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much into my comment. im just saying that the past month has been a little rough. no commits, we lost young to KU and that LB due to grades.... lately we have lost out on a few guys we were going after(omige, logan, that DT whose name I'm not even going to try to spell) . I'm not saying that any of these losses are that big of a deal or that we were that we were that interested or really had a shot at any of the prospects. and I'm not saying anything negative about the class. relax guys

you guys are reading WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much into my comment. im just saying that the past month has been a little rough. no commits, we lost young to KU and that LB due to grades.... lately we have lost out on a few guys we were going after(omige, logan, that DT whose name I'm not even going to try to spell) . I'm not saying that any of these losses are that big of a deal or that we were that we were that interested or really had a shot at any of the prospects. and I'm not saying anything negative about the class. relax guys

Logan - Again, pipe dream the minute LSU offered. No on had a chance when they offered. If LSU doesn't offer, Bennie is a Husker.

Tuihalamaka - Backup plan for Logan. We were only taking one more DT and we were hoping it would be Sione if Bennie got his LSU offer.

Omigie - Legitimately whiffed on him. It happens.

Norman - Grades. Cannot control that.

Again, we focused on a select few and the only guy we have legitimately whiffed on is Omigie. Besides that, nothing was in our control. Coaches are looking to fill only a couple spots and attempted to zero in on a couple of guys. Otherwise they are more than content with eating the scholarships for next year.

So what I don't understand is if we are only targeting a few guys in this class and we are being picky then why didn't we do that last year when it seemed at the end we were just trying to fill spots but we ended up taking 28 which like 25 signed? I know Wald is a fan favorite and he is going to be a contributor on special teams but it appears he is more than likely going to be a backup safety for his time here. It appears that Lester Ward is going to be stuck behind at least Burkhead. Kreikemeier could have been a walk on and even though I really think he is going to be a contributor in our offense and returner we possibly could have gotten marlowe as a walk on. My question is why if we are turning guys away this year bc we are short on schollies were we taking these low ranked guys last year? It seems like we were just trying to fill spots in a hurry when we could have saved them for this year.

So what I don't understand is if we are only targeting a few guys in this class and we are being picky then why didn't we do that last year when it seemed at the end we were just trying to fill spots but we ended up taking 28 which like 25 signed? I know Wald is a fan favorite and he is going to be a contributor on special teams but it appears he is more than likely going to be a backup safety for his time here. It appears that Lester Ward is going to be stuck behind at least Burkhead. Kreikemeier could have been a walk on and even though I really think he is going to be a contributor in our offense and returner we possibly could have gotten marlowe as a walk on. My question is why if we are turning guys away this year bc we are short on schollies were we taking these low ranked guys last year? It seems like we were just trying to fill spots in a hurry when we could have saved them for this year.

We had a good number of schollies the next year. We could take chances on a guy here and there. Saving schollies for next year right now is an approach to even the numbers instead of having a little class, followed by a high numbered one. You'd want to keep it at around 20-22 every year if you possibly could.

Ward was a talent who just happened to stay injured in HS. He's actually doing well.

You hate to say it, but Wald helped with Rogers. Not that it matters now or anything.

Kreikemeier was all Osborne and no one else.

The vast majority of guys we signed last year are going to contribute, which is surprising. Very few reaches in that class.

So I take it nobody has heard anything on Rogers or the DT from last years class about how they look or what position Rogers is playing? I really think Rogers is going to contribute maybe not this year but the next. I heard rave reviews about Dennards athleticism just wondering if Rogers is in the same boat?