Coach Hawkins

HANC

I thought the meeting after the game between Bo and Hawkins , looked like they respected each other and seemed sincere. I think Hawkins is trying to get this game, to maybe be a rivalry game but with out the crap that has been going on in the past. He is the one that has to turn the team and fans thinking around. I think he can do it.

GBR!!!

OH NO......there will be NO CU fatheads on my son's wall......ever !!!!

The gifts stop at a sweatshirt and a possible t-shirt.....and "cheap" ones at that...(and they were gifts from "Santa", so dad didn't actually buy them for him.....at least I can resort to that excuse. HA

I know that this will probably get bumped, but I'll start it here because it dealt with today's game. Let me start by saying that CU is my "worst enemy" as far as college football is concerned. My wife and I have been treated very poorly by fans in Boulder, but I do understand that every program has fans like that, and not everyone from CU falls into the category.

Somehow, between both my wife and I being UNL grads and season ticket holders for years, our son (8) turns out to be a CU Buff fan..... obviously he was concieved on a night of heavy drinking ;) . We have tried to convert him and he even wore Husker eye-black tatoos, but wore his CU Buff sweatshirt.

After the game, he was disappointed, and we waited by the CU buses to see players. As we waited, a lady insided the fence asked us who he was waiting to see.....he said Coach Hawkins.... she introduced herself as Mrs. Hawkins, and visited with us for awhile. When coach came out, he had about 70 friends/family, but she directed him our way. After a SEASON ENDING loss to a rival, on a 57 yder (in a game where I can say that CU probably outplayed and outcoached NU), he had to be hurting. But, he spent over 10 minutes talking to my son about football, school, family and Christmas. It blew me away. Sorry, but this man showed a ton of class. I will never be a CU fan, but I am now a Hawkins fan.

Nice story! Hawkins is a good guy.

The gifts stop at a sweatshirt and a possible t-shirt.....and "cheap" ones at that...(and they were gifts from "Santa", so dad didn't actually buy them for him.....at least I can resort to that excuse. HA

:sarcasm I know I would just have to burn my house down and start over...and burn the kid at the stake...get a DNA test, because I know that wouldn't be my kid.

:rollin

:sarcasm I know I would just have to burn my house down and start over...and burn the kid at the stake...get a DNA test, because I know that wouldn't be my kid.

IF I had a kid and he rooted for ANYbody besides GBR--especially the Puffs--it would be like, "pack your bag, here's your bus ticket, yer on your own now.." I know, sounds cruel...

:power

My son goes to a high school for exceptional students and their scholarship potential is extremely high. I have told him he can go anywhere he wants with the exception of one school, I will let you all figure out which school it may be, and of course he is at the age where he lives to piss me off...lol

My son goes to a high school for exceptional students and their scholarship potential is extremely high. I have told him he can go anywhere he wants with the exception of one school, I will let you all figure out which school it may be, and of course he is at the age where he lives to piss me off...lol

What do you have against Montana State?

Vassar?

Smith College, Northhampton, MA....(all women, mostly lez)

Vassar?

Smith College, Northhampton, MA....

Iowa State

Personally, I don't think Hawkins is going to make it at CU. Maybe it was just the injuries this year. Next year will tell.

CU fans have always been a bit nasty but McCartney really tried to bring out the worst in them and it never faded away.

As a result, there are always two teams I root for. Nebraska and who ever is playing Colorado. Yesterday was especially satisfying (at least after the last minute or so).