Coach Hawkins

HANC

(p.s., CU did NOT out play us, we just stalled in the red zone too much...in part because of them. They made some big plays 4 sho' though.)

We were outcoached and lucky to win that game, the plays CU made in the red zone were a result of the lack of playcalling.

Well, the 2nd half CU's dbs seemed to be shutting down our receivers, but we were moving it methodically between the 20s primarily with the run. But yes, Watson needed to mix it up when we got into the red zone...too many consecutive zone running plays.

I don't think we were out coached though in general. They made some big plays and we also fumbled it twice in the red zone. <_<

Eric.....yes, we are still trying to convert him, and we were making progress.......I thought....didn't make much progress today, even with the win.

ZeBop..... if both teams play up to their potential, the game shouldn't have been close. The fact that CU came on the road, and it took a 57 yarder to win, I think means they outplayed us.... the zone read worked in 1st half (almost 5yds a pop), but CU adjusted at half and we stuck to it with rare success.. The fact that CU ave. 14 points a game on the road in the big 12 and hung 31 today, means that they were very well prepared... Pelini himself said that if Henry didn't make the fg, he wouldn't have been able to live with himself, because he thought he had screwed up....

But, this isn't the topic of the thread, so I will stop here.....if a topic is started, we could debate there, but this is about the class Coach Hawkins showed in a miserable situation for him. I do agree with most of what you say about big plays, and yes, I know that I am the one who started the debate by adding it too the initial post, so I am not saying that someone else took it off topic.

Eric.....yes, we are still trying to convert him, and we were making progress.......I thought....didn't make much progress today, even with the win.

ZeBop..... if both teams play up to their potential, the game shouldn't have been close. The fact that CU came on the road, and it took a 57 yarder to win, I think means they outplayed us.... the zone read worked in 1st half (almost 5yds a pop), but CU adjusted at half and we stuck to it with rare success.. The fact that CU ave. 14 points a game on the road in the big 12 and hung 31 today, means that they were very well prepared... Pelini himself said that if Henry didn't make the fg, he wouldn't have been able to live with himself, because he thought he had screwed up....

But, this isn't the topic of the thread, so I will stop here.....if a topic is started, we could debate there, but this is about the class Coach Hawkins showed in a miserable situation for him. I do agree with most of what you say about big plays, and yes, I know that I am the one who started the debate by adding it too the initial post, so I am not saying that someone else took it off topic.

Cool, but I think we still pretty much outplayed them throughout, but yeah, I have more respect for him from your story. I actually thought they were gonna be a much better team this year. As is, they have some good players on that team.

Any fan base is going to have problems but some of what CU fans do is unexcuseable. If coach hawkins has the class to talk to 2 NU parents and a CU fan that shows something to me in my book. Hopefully he can turn the fanbase around so they can be alittle more respectable. Maybe thats what he was trying to accomplish when he downplayed nebraska and said it was just like playing another game. Tried to take some of the intensity off the fans and the players.

Coach Hawkins is a true class act and I respectfully hope he manages to bring the annual Nebraska-Colorado Novemember meeting back the relevance it held 15 or so years ago.

(Rick Neuheisel was a dick).

Wow, I had forgotten all about GOLDEN BOY!