Co-Big 12 North Champs?

huKSer

When I was in Ames 2 years ago for the game, I saw tons of people wearing "Iowa State North Division Champions" shirts. It was from the year where there was likea 3 way tie.

You guys do get a trophy. KU got one last year when they tied us.

I thought KU had to commission their own, and I also recall the KU fans on the Scout board so excited over it. I thought it was lame when they did it, and I see no reason why we should do it. Just lame lame lame to an infinite degree. It is fun, however, to mention it to MU fans that in their two greatest seasons in recent memory, they actually had the same conference record as the 2nd place team in both years.

I saw the Huskers play and saw MU play some. I have no problem admitting they are sole proprietors of first place in the North. It's not even something I'd admit anyway since the North stunk up the joint this year. :dumdum

Well. if we have to commission it just to have something to hang on the wall I say screw it, no biggy, we all know what IS!

according to the ALL KNOWING WIKIPEDIA:

Note: While the team playing in the championship game is generally regarded as the divisional champion, the Big 12 does officially recognize co-champions in football, just like it does in other sports. As a result, the following teams are also recognized by the Big 12:

North Co-Champions: Kansas State (1999), Nebraska (2001), Iowa State (2004), Kansas (2007), Nebraska (2008)

No, we can't consider ourselves Co-Big XII Champs considering Missery took us to the woodshed and beat us straight up. It's definately a step in the right direction though and a very good season for Bo's debut. :thumbs

So what ever team from the south that ends up in KC shouldn't consider themselves the EDIT champions division winner because another team from the south beat them?

Next year: Undisputed north division EDIT winner AND Big 12 champs!! :koolaid2:

No, because with 2 teams tied, the head-to-head is the tiebreaker, and that's what makes Missouri the B12N rep in the championship game. The head-to-head doesn't break the B12S 3 way tie.

:yeah Bingo.......................I'll take the title of co-champ, but it doesn't mean the same to me unless the Big XII puts something officially into writing about allowing this.