Co-Big 12 North Champs?

huKSer

From the Lincoln Journal Star

Nebraska ties Mizzou for Big 12 North

Well, how about that? In an absolutely great football game in great football elements -- snow and a chewed up field -- Kansas beat Missouri 40-37, a last-minute touchdown pass to Kerry Meier on fourth down providing the difference.

That puts Nebraska and Missouri in a tie atop the Big 12 North standings at 5-3. The Tigers obviously hold the tiebreaker, but I don't think too many people would have picked NU to be sitting even with Mizzou at season's end.

Link

We don't need no dang Co-Champion of the North trophy. We want real trophies.

The "North Trophy" isn't a real trophy. Let's save our glee for when the XII glass bowl comes back to Lincoln.

Let KSU and MU celebrate their North Trophies as evidence of their "dominance".

Look at it like this. Before the season, NU was picked 5th, 5th!!, in the north, and instead finish tied with the best conference record in the division.

Phil Steele had us 2nd in the North preseason, behind Mizzou. That guy knows his sh^t.

OT but I would like to say that that KU MU was one of the toughest grittiest games I have seen in a while. Both teams played their asses off and left it all on the field. Both should be proud.

KU had 3 of the most exciting games this yr, IMO: vs USF, NU, and MU.