Paul Johnson and GT

The debate here is not that Johnson would have been a better hire than Bo, because I love D-minded HC, but as I mentioned on another thread, I was leading the charge for Paul Johnson last year. Every post I made last season was begging for Johnson to come to NU.....perfect fit for Nebraskans' looking to get back to "NU football"...

I REALLY hope that all of the people who argued with me and others until the cows came home that the option was DEAD were able to watch today's game vs Georgia. Pre-season #1 and SEC with speed to burn, just got burned all day by what......oh yeah......the OPTION !!!!!!

No one will EVER convince me that the option isn't about the best style of football to win in college. It will not attract the NFL qbs or wrs, but it will bring great OL and true ATHLETES to a program.... I would die for a Frazier/Crouch qb.....and don't give a damn if they ever played a snap in the NFL.

I will gaurantee that PJ will have GT in the top 5 within the next 2 years... and although we will have over a month to prepare, after today, I am hoping we don't face GT in the Gator.

I agree with you HANC about the option working in college football. Every offense out there today and in the past is about one thing and one thing only, and T.O. said this, EXECUTION. It's about putting a man on a man and every guy doing his job. Who cares if the opposing team loads the box with 8 or 9 guys, teams did that for years and it didn't stop us from steam rolling their sorry asses. Speed doesn't mean sh!t when its going backwards or lying on its back. Yes, the option would still work. Can anyone and everyone run it effectively? No. But, with the right coach and players, yes.

The debate here is not that Johnson would have been a better hire than Bo, because I love D-minded HC, but as I mentioned on another thread, I was leading the charge for Paul Johnson last year. Every post I made last season was begging for Johnson to come to NU.....perfect fit for Nebraskans' looking to get back to "NU football"...

I REALLY hope that all of the people who argued with me and others until the cows came home that the option was DEAD were able to watch today's game vs Georgia. Pre-season #1 and SEC with speed to burn, just got burned all day by what......oh yeah......the OPTION !!!!!!

No one will EVER convince me that the option isn't about the best style of football to win in college. It will not attract the NFL qbs or wrs, but it will bring great OL and true ATHLETES to a program.... I would die for a Frazier/Crouch qb.....and don't give a damn if they ever played a snap in the NFL.

I will gaurantee that PJ will have GT in the top 5 within the next 2 years... and although we will have over a month to prepare, after today, I am hoping we don't face GT in the Gator.

:yeah

We took an unfortunate turn when Pederson decided to bring Husker football into the flash football era of Spurrier and other pass happy 'West Coast' offensive minded coaches. This is NFL style BS and now look at the teams that ar runnin' option minded football. Navy does well with it, G Tech looks good with it and Tim Tebow has Florida runnin' some option. Pedy was just lookin' to make big changes and put his stamp on Husker Football History. Callahan has basially proved he's just not a head coach and was a stupid hire on Pedy's part.

T_O_B