I hope ESPN and the Talking Heads learned their lesson.

Enhance

Listen, they get paid to stir the pot. That's what they do. It's their profession. The fact that this thread was even started means they are good at their job.

There is no "lesson" learned here. :madash

Whether they are wrong or they are right it doesn't matter if we are talking about them. Sadly, this is how journalism and the news media is for the most part. They don't keep track of how accurate the talking heads are. If they did, they would all get fired. As much as I despise Mark May(and most do), we discuss him far more than the turd deserves. That shows he IS doing his job right.

:yeah

ESPN should be seen and not heard. Great for watching games, but zero credibility after that. Zero. Squat. None. Bupkiss.

I think my favorite thing of all time was watching them all squirm and back pedal after they reported that Les Miles was going to take the Michigan job. And, I personally believe he was going to until they backed him into a corner by reporting it too early.

The biggest difference between us and Michigan is that instead of working with what he had (Pelini), and trying to get the best out of them by adapting his system to the players. Rodriguez tried to force his style of football on prototypical Big 10 football system players instead of adapting it to what he had. Big slow lineman cannot play his system of football, and he was reminded of that very quickly, which goes to show maybe we got the better end of the deal - a coach that can be flexible.

The success that Johnson has had over at GT is to be lauded, (3-1) against ranked opponents.

Exactly! A Clownahannism. Same exact thing.

The biggest difference between us and Michigan is that instead of working with what he had (Pelini), and trying to get the best out of them by adapting his system to the players. Rodriguez tried to force his style of football on prototypical Big 10 football system players instead of adapting it to what he had. Big slow lineman cannot play his system of football, and he was reminded of that very quickly, which goes to show maybe we got the better end of the deal - a coach that can be flexible.

The success that Johnson has had over at GT is to be lauded, (3-1) against ranked opponents.

Exactly! A Clownahannism. Same exact thing.

Except that at Rich Rod's last two coaching stops the exact same thing happened. The team was horrible the first year, but made huge strides, like 9 wins big, the second year both times. His system takes time to get the personnel for. He has a couple of really good QB's coming in next year and a pretty good class overall. Rich Rod has a record of long term success, I think he will be fine if Michigan fans let him. Cally made strides in the next two years also, but sacrificed a lot to do so and the long term success was doomed.

All I remember is the talking heads all asking who would have the best season Rodriguez at Michigan, Bo at NU or Weiss at Notre Dame... There were picks for both Rodriguez and Weiss but every single one said both would do better than Bo..

75% of the people on this board probably would have predicted the same. It's not an unreasonable prediction to take the head coach in his 4th year or the new coach with experience coaching a top 10 team over the new coach who's experience is at the coordinator level. It's a perfectly reasonable conclusion that happened to turn out to be incorrect, but that doesn't make it biased.

In fairness, ESPN talking heads score a slight credibility edge over the CNN and FOX News talking heads.

The problem is people who are paid to offer opinions, combined with way to much airtime to fill.

And wasn't it but a few innocent weeks ago that a certain Kirk Herbstreit predicted that Nebraska might surprise a few people, and Joe Ganz was a legitimate sleeper?

In fairness, ESPN talking heads score a slight credibility edge over the CNN and FOX News talking heads.

The problem is people who are paid to offer opinions, combined with way to much airtime to fill.

And wasn't it but a few innocent weeks ago that a certain Kirk Herbstreit predicted that Nebraska might surprise a few people, and Joe Ganz was a legitimate sleeper?

Even before that, near the beginning of the season, Herb said he thought Nebraska may very well have a 9 win season. But of course he's the devil and hates NU. It's all just a sly trick on his part to get the all-knowing NU fans to like him just a little. Then he will slam the door closed and kick us all in the nuts.