I hope ESPN and the Talking Heads learned their lesson.

Enhance

I specifically remember watching Sportscenter one day after class in the 2007 school year, just after Bo Pelini had been hired to coach Nebraska and Rich Rodriguez had been hired to coach the Michigan Wolverines. I remember the talking heads on ESPN lauding the Rodriguez hire as great for the program, even saying that he would work the Big 10 really well and have a great impact his first year. They then went on to say that the Pelini hire was "average".

The Wolverines are 3-9, with only one good win over a struggling and overrated Wisconsin team. Pelini is sitting at 8-4, nearly had the team at 10-2, and has the Huskers clearly on the right path to reaching our potential and our goals.

I love being underrated, and can't wait for the day Nebraska gains the recognition we used to have.

I think the reasons they were lauding Rodriguez was because he was a proven HC with proven results. They called Pelini average because he had only one game under his belt as an interim HC. Pelini was more of a gamble because no one knew what kind of staff he would put together, and he didn't have the success Rich Rod had. Rich Rod's biggest fault was Clownahanesch in that he tried to pound a square peg into a round hole.

I think the reasons they were lauding Rodriguez was because he was a proven HC with proven results. They called Pelini average because he had only one game under his belt as an interim HC. Pelini was more of a gamble because no one knew what kind of staff he would put together, and he didn't have the success Rich Rod had. Rich Rod's biggest fault was Clownahanesch in that he tried to pound a square peg into a round hole.

Well said.

Well said.

:yeah

very well said. Rich Rod did exactly that, and they even said in those same segments about Pelini that he could end up being a great coach, but they thought we were settling for too little for the Nebraska name.. they thought we could go out and get a good up and coming coach with HC experience.

The biggest difference between us and Michigan is that instead of working with what he had (Pelini), and trying to get the best out of them by adapting his system to the players. Rodriguez tried to force his style of football on prototypical Big 10 football system players instead of adapting it to what he had. Big slow lineman cannot play his system of football, and he was reminded of that very quickly, which goes to show maybe we got the better end of the deal - a coach that can be flexible.

The success that Johnson has had over at GT is to be lauded, (3-1) against ranked opponents.

Listen, they get paid to stir the pot. That's what they do. It's their profession. The fact that this thread was even started means they are good at their job.

There is no "lesson" learned here. :madash

Whether they are wrong or they are right it doesn't matter if we are talking about them. Sadly, this is how journalism and the news media is for the most part. They don't keep track of how accurate the talking heads are. If they did, they would all get fired. As much as I despise Mark May(and most do), we discuss him far more than the turd deserves. That shows he IS doing his job right.

Listen, they get paid to stir the pot. That's what they do. It's their profession. The fact that this thread was even started means they are good at their job.

There is no "lesson" learned here. :madash

Whether they are wrong or they are right it doesn't matter if we are talking about them. Sadly, this is how journalism and the news media is for the most part. They don't keep track of how accurate the talking heads are. If they did, they would all get fired. As much as I despise Mark May(and most do), we discuss him far more than the turd deserves. That shows he IS doing his job right.

Worked for MSNBC. :cop:

All I remember is the talking heads all asking who would have the best season Rodriguez at Michigan, Bo at NU or Weiss at Notre Dame... There were picks for both Rodriguez and Weiss but every single one said both would do better than Bo..

Bo could end up with a better looking record than BOTH Rodriguez and Weiss COMBINED if Nebraska wins it's bowl and Notre Dame continues to be Notre Dame.