Gator Bowl

HANC

On the official Gator Bowl website......Gatorbowl.com......it plainly states that the selection comittee meets at 5 pm eastern time tonight to discuss the possibilities of the 3 conferences involved. It also says that that the comitte is expected to select 1 team today.

Along with the other source on the board, and the fact that a travel agent that works for my wife's company contacted her this morning offering a package to the bowl, I would say the NU is Gator Bowl bound.

Man, I just be pres. of "rumorville"..... I really think that we will know by the 6:00 pm central time news. Maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better about buying a flight, but I honestly think we are in Jacksonville.

What is Pelini's salt-water aquarium guy saying?

Wasn't that his wife's friend that attends the same church Pelini goes to, whose daughter babysits for the neighbors, that dates the best friend of a certain Husker basketball player, whose mother's best friend works on the custodial staff at the NU athletic department?

ffs.....

December 1, 2008

Team Selection Chairman, Kelly Madden, and Gator Bowl Association Chairman, Brian Goin, will hold a Konica Minolta Gator Bowl Team Selection meeting at 5:00 p.m. today to discuss options from our three member conferences.  The committee expects to select one team today.  Please check back for more details.

quote from www.gatorbowl.com , right off the front page.

10/11 is also reporting that we are more than likely gator bowl bound....

Wasn't that his wife's friend that attends the same church Pelini goes to, whose daughter babysits for the neighbors, that dates the best friend of a certain Husker basketball player, whose mother's best friend works on the custodial staff at the NU athletic department?

No...you're thinking of his landscaping guy.

Am i the only one thinking that this is a little premature? I know they said they were hoping to choose a team today, but theoretically there is still a chance of a big time shakeup of things if Mizzou wins. The chances aren't that great but still... Dunno just my 2 cents.

Maybe the team they pick today is an ACC one?

No...you're thinking of his landscaping guy.

Thanks for clearing that up. Wouldn't want to quote the wrong anonymous source. :lol:

Am i the only one thinking that this is a little premature? I know they said they were hoping to choose a team today, but theoretically there is still a chance of a big time shakeup of things if Mizzou wins. The chances aren't that great but still... Dunno just my 2 cents.

At least I'm not the only one thinking that people are jumping the gun with this.

At least I'm not the only one thinking that people are jumping the gun with this.

If Mizzou wins:

Texas and Mizzou to BCS

OU to Cotton

Tech/OSU to Holiday

Tech/OSU/NU to Gator/Sun

Tech/OSU/NU to Alamo

KU to Insight

So we would fall to the Alamo at worst which still isn't THAT bad of a bowl.

They just announced on 1620 the zone that the Gator Bowl pres. will be calling in before the end of the hour (6).........and that the Gator bowl has told the Jacksonville paper that the bowl will NOT extend an "official" invitation to Nebraska today, but it is almost a "certainty" that NU will play in Gator. Will know more if he calls into the station. But no invite today.

the announcer's have been talking all day about the Gator is a "sure" thing and go ahead and book flights. But, I absolutely agree, probably no invite until later in the week. And yes, MU can upset OU.........look at how many times the North has "upset" the "sure thing" from the south. CU beat OU a few times, when no one felt they belonged in the game, and on the other hand, A-M uspet KSU when no one thought it should be a game.

The pres. of Gator bowl just said that the official word will probably come tomorrow pm or Wed. They can't officially offer until the BCS has "released" the team from BCS consideration. For some reason, the BCS hadn't released NU yet, and will obviously do so tomorrow at their press conference at 2 pm. Once NU is released from the BCS, the Gator will offer.

When Kugler pressed him with "hypothetical" situations, such as....."what if a fan has already contacted travel agents to buy a Gator Bowl package, should that fan need to worry about getting their deposit back "......... the pres. responded with "if a fan book a trip, that would be money well spent".

Also talked about possible opponents.....mentioned FSU and Clemson....didn't mention GT.... missed the part when he talked about what would determine FSU or Clemson, but he did flat out say that the Gator Bowl match up on New Year's Day between NU-FSU or NU-Clemson would be the best match up at their time slot.

He also said that he isn't allowed to give players extra "special treatment", but he would like to have NU's kicker over for dinner.

NU IN GATOR !!!!......but, not official