Coaches All Big 12

Junior nose tackle Ndamukong Suh and senior offensive guard Matt Slauson of Nebraska were named to the All-Big 12 second team, announced today after after selection by the league's coaches.

NU also placed junior strong safety Larry Asante, sophomore running back Roy Helu, senior defensive end Zach Potter, sophomore place-kicker Alex Henery, senior defensive tackle Ty Steinkuhler, senior receiver Nate Swift and junior center Jacob Hickman on the honorable-mention list.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10396039

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=3626465

Does anyone notice a name missing? Very very interesting. <_<:dunno:wacko::blink:

No Zac Robinson or Ressing either. I can't believe these guys didn't get one single vote.

Ooh look!

Larry Asante...

How about that?

Yep, all of the awards from AC to AA to the Heisman are all about the hype. Asante had good hype before the season, so his play during the year barely mattered to the coaches. Gerald McCoy got a first-team nod because of his hype and he plays for OU, even though he only had 25 tackles all year.

Junior nose tackle Ndamukong Suh and senior offensive guard Matt Slauson of Nebraska were named to the All-Big 12 second team, announced today after after selection by the league's coaches.

NU also placed junior strong safety Larry Asante, sophomore running back Roy Helu, senior defensive end Zach Potter, sophomore place-kicker Alex Henery, senior defensive tackle Ty Steinkuhler, senior receiver Nate Swift and junior center Jacob Hickman on the honorable-mention list.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10396039

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=3626465

Does anyone notice a name missing? Very very interesting. <_<:dunno:wacko::blink:

No Zac Robinson or Ressing either. I can't believe these guys didn't get one single vote.

How many guys can you put on an individual ballot? There's only 12 to choose from, so I can't imagine an individual ballot having more than three. Put yourself in Pelini's position - you can't vote for your own guy I'm assuming, so we can throw out Ganz. Would any of you honestly put someone on your ballot besides three out of Harrell, Bradford, McCoy, and Daniel? I'm not at all surprised Robinson and Reesing didn't get a vote. No knock on them, but the Big XII QBs this year are freaking awesome. You could put the next four Big XII QBs (Ganz, Griffin, Robinson, Reesing) in any other conference and they'd be 1st team, 2nd team, and honorable mention. Well, the SEC does have Tebow...

Suh, Slauson named All-Big 12 second team

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Tuesday, Dec 02, 2008 - 08:07:21 pm CST

Despite his impressive stats and a game-sealing interception return against Colorado, Husker junior nose tackle Ndamukong Suh’s name was not to be seen on the coaches’ All-Big 12 first-team list released on Tuesday.

Suh and Husker right tackle Matt Slauson were picked on the second team.

Husker honorable-mention picks were Larry Asante, Roy Helu Jr., Alex Henery, Jacob Hickman, Zach Potter, Ty Steinkuhler, and Nate Swift.

The omission of Suh on the first team will probably cause some grumbling by Husker fans. Suh had 68 tackles, 15 for losses, 5½ sacks, six quarterback hurries and two interceptions. He led all linemen, interior and ends, in tackles. Suh also returned two interceptions for touchdowns, and caught another one while playing fullback on offense.

A total of five defensive linemen were named to the first team, including three interior linemen — Ziggy Hood of Missouri, Gerald McCoy of Oklahoma and Roy Miller of Texas.

Hood had 51 tackles, six for losses, four sacks and 10 hurries.

Miller had 46 tackles, 10 for losses, 4.5 sacks, 26 hurries.

McCoy had 25 tackles, 9.5 for losses, 6.5 sacks and one hurry.

On the coaching front, Oklahoma’s Bob Stoops and Texas Tech’s Mike Leach shared coach-of-the-year honors.

OU had seven players selected on the first-team offense.

I think Suh got ripped off.... :angry:

I thought Swift would get the nod too. But, then again, there are a lot of talented wr's putting up huge numbers this year in the Big XII.

I think Swift is the best WR in the conference. The others have star power and are good, but if I were a pro scout I'd be going after Swift.