Coaches All Big 12

I thought Swift would get the nod too. But, then again, there are a lot of talented wr's putting up huge numbers this year in the Big XII.

I think Swift is the best WR in the conference. The others have star power and are good, but if I were a pro scout I'd be going after Swift.

:rollin That would make you an Scout for Kansas City Chiefs.

I stand by my comment, Swift is the best receiver in the conference. Swifr is always open and he never drops the ball, and always makes key plays--he's gotta lotta savvy. He's a senior. Crabtree and Briscoe, Maclin. dez Bryant .....

WAY too many extreme words to be taken seriously as a scout.

WUT?! Swift IS perfect! Don't ya see it?! ;)

I thought Swift would get the nod too. But, then again, there are a lot of talented wr's putting up huge numbers this year in the Big XII.

I think Swift is the best WR in the conference. The others have star power and are good, but if I were a pro scout I'd be going after Swift.

You

Are on crack..... :dunno

Swift is a pretty good possession receiver but is nowhere near the best in the conference.

And all that sounds about right. I would never have evern thought about Ganz if I am thinking top 3 in the conference.

As for the person saying Henery should be first team big 12? Orly? Yes, he made a 57 yarder, yes he has been fairly consistent but jesus, There are better people out there than what we have on our team.

Yep, all of the awards from AC to AA to the Heisman are all about the hype. Asante had good hype before the season, so his play during the year barely mattered to the coaches.

I’m sure the coaches paid absolutely no attention to what they saw during the game from him or on film it was all based off of preseason hype.

Like Bo and Sanders said earlier, maybe it’s not the safeties fault like a lot around here want to make it out to be. Maybe the safeties being the last person people see on the play is because they are covering up for someone else’s screw up. Notice there aren’t any LB’s or CB’s on here so maybe they were the weak links. Just something to think about.

Why can’t people be happy for Asante and give him some congratulation instead of questioning why he got votes?

To the dude that said Swift is the best in the conference, do you actually believe that? He is a great player and I’m glad he is on our team but come on. Bryant, Crabtree, MacLain, Shipley, Iglesias, Briscoe, Crosby are better. This in no way is a slight towards Swift. Being behind those guys is not something to be ashamed of. It’s kind of like the Ganz thing just because he is behind 4-5 other QB’s in the conference doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. It just shows the talent in the conference.

You

Are on crack..... :dunno

Swift is a pretty good possession receiver but is nowhere near the best in the conference.

And all that sounds about right. I would never have evern thought about Ganz if I am thinking top 3 in the conference.

As for the person saying Henery should be first team big 12? Orly? Yes, he made a 57 yarder, yes he has been fairly consistent but jesus, There are better people out there than what we have on our team.

Yeah, it's ok to be a possession receiver when 1/2 your possessions are in the end zone. ;)

Yep, all of the awards from AC to AA to the Heisman are all about the hype. Asante had good hype before the season, so his play during the year barely mattered to the coaches.

I’m sure the coaches paid absolutely no attention to what they saw during the game from him or on film it was all based off of preseason hype.

Like Bo and Sanders said earlier, maybe it’s not the safeties fault like a lot around here want to make it out to be. Maybe the safeties being the last person people see on the play is because they are covering up for someone else’s screw up. Notice there aren’t any LB’s or CB’s on here so maybe they were the weak links. Just something to think about.

Why can’t people be happy for Asante and give him some congratulation instead of questioning why he got votes?

To the dude that said Swift is the best in the conference, do you actually believe that? He is a great player and I’m glad he is on our team but come on. Bryant, Crabtree, MacLain, Shipley, Iglesias, Briscoe, Crosby are better. This in no way is a slight towards Swift. Being behind those guys is not something to be ashamed of. It’s kind of like the Ganz thing just because he is behind 4-5 other QB’s in the conference doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. It just shows the talent in the conference.

yeah, i believe it..but whatever...

check out the Big 12 Player Report from the NCAA website--

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/con...00025354PD.HTML

click on the position/category and check it out.

then see if any NU players belong on the first team.

i.e. Swift is tenth in total receiving yards. 13th in all purpose running.

field goals?

FIELD GOALS

Year: 2008 Thru: 11/29/08 Minimum: Pct. of games played 75

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Fga Fgm Avg FgPgm Natl

Rank

1 Grant Mahoney, Iowa St. PK FR 12 25 17 .680 1.42 22

1 Jeff Wolfert, Missouri K SR 12 22 17 .773 1.42 22

3 Dan Bailey, Oklahoma St. K SO 12 17 14 .824 1.17 41

3 Alex Henery, Nebraska K SO 12 17 14 .824 1.17 41

you get the idea....

at first glance, I would have to agree with the voters in most areas.

Yeah, I don't see any glaring disrespect to our players here. These are All-Conference awards and you gotta go with the numbers.

But the nice thing about hard-working guys like Ganz and Swift is that they may actually benefit by flying under the radar. There are a lot of NFL players who have been built out of small salaries and low expectations and who survive longer than some of the bigger names whose agents and entourages turn them into fragile head-cases before they can grow into their talent.

Suh is no longer flying under the radar. He's gonna do just fine.

As for Henery: I think he should be pretty happy with his place in history right now.

Yeah, I don't see any glaring disrespect to our players here. These are All-Conference awards and you gotta go with the numbers.

But the nice thing about hard-working guys like Ganz and Swift is that they may actually benefit by flying under the radar. There are a lot of NFL players who have been built out of small salaries and low expectations and who survive longer than some of the bigger names whose agents and entourages turn them into fragile head-cases before they can grow into their talent.

As for Henery: I think he should be pretty happy with his place in history right now.

:yeah

Absolutely!

Case in point: Wes Welker, NE Pats. Was just one of those small, no-name TT guys--that caught like a bzillion passes! Nobody even thought he could play pro ball cuz they wanted guys like Keyshawn or whoever, but as it turns out he's one of the most effective rcvrs in the League for short to medium range passes.

A smart coach like Belichik could make good use of Swift.

check out the Big 12 Player Report from the NCAA website--

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/con...00025354PD.HTML

click on the position/category and check it out.

then see if any NU players belong on the first team.

i.e. Swift is tenth in total receiving yards. 13th in all purpose running.

field goals?

FIELD GOALS

Year: 2008 Thru: 11/29/08 Minimum: Pct. of games played 75

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Fga Fgm Avg FgPgm Natl

Rank

1 Grant Mahoney, Iowa St. PK FR 12 25 17 .680 1.42 22

1 Jeff Wolfert, Missouri K SR 12 22 17 .773 1.42 22

3 Dan Bailey, Oklahoma St. K SO 12 17 14 .824 1.17 41

3 Alex Henery, Nebraska K SO 12 17 14 .824 1.17 41

you get the idea....

at first glance, I would have to agree with the voters in most areas.

Take a closer look at those numbers, the ranking is based upon points per game. Henery adn Bailey have the best kicking % of the 4 listed, and only missed 3 kicks total. Henery also has the longest make of the four this year. Not to mention of Henery's 3 misses, 2 were from over 50 yards. I think Henery should be at least 2nd team, I am not opposed to Wolfert being the 1st teamer.

Hmmm....

Players on 1st Team = 0

Players on 2nd Team = 0

Players on Honorable Mention = 7! Woot!! Woot!! :woo

..and 5 of those 7 are from a defense that ranked 112th in the country!!! :woo

Hurray! A banner year for ISU...heck...I bet we even get an Academic All-American honorable mention this year...I think I saw one of our linemen carrying a book one day!

:yeah

Absolutely!

Case in point: Wes Welker, NE Pats. Was just one of those small, no-name TT guys--that caught like a bzillion passes! Nobody even thought he could play pro ball cuz they wanted guys like Keyshawn or whoever, but as it turns out he's one of the most effective rcvrs in the League for short to medium range passes.

A smart coach like Belichik could make good use of Swift.

If you have a great receiver like Randy Moss, then yeah a possession receiver like Swift would be a very good idea. A guy who can help move the chains when the D is double teaming a great WR like Moss. However, if you're a team without a Randy Moss but are looking for a WR like that; then you take someone like Crabtree with good speed and size.

I would've thought for sure that Suh would've gotten first team? Swift and Henery got screwed IMO as well, but more so on Swift's side. <_<

No matter how you look at what Suh's done this year, he got hosed. Second string? ayfkm? Oh well, life goes on.

Sorry-- not seeing any hosing here.

While there are probably more measurables than these for D linemen -- these are definitely important-- looking at these four -

Tackles Sacks Forced Fumbles Tackles for Loss

suh is only in the top 10 in one category, and there he is 6th.

He'll be first team next year.