Best Husker Bowl game ever? (of last 25 years)

Best Husker Bowl Game  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was the one who said best colorado game...now i am wondering what the rest of you think regarding the best husker bowl game. Give me your opinions. I went 2005 alamo just because i was actually watching, since im 16, but sadly i want to erase every memory of when callahan was here, but i cant get that game out of my head. Because I thot we were done when we got down 17-28.

1995 Orange bowl for so many reasons. 1st NC win for Dr Tom. Beating "The U" in their own back yard. Watching Warren "weed" Sapp hunched over on the ground gasping for air as the Huskers Offense pounded the sh#t out of him in the 4th qtr. The fact that I got to see it in person.

you say that like its a bad thing, which its not.... but we can save that debate for another day

i voted for the fiesta bowl, but all were awesome games!!

1995 Orange Bowl was 1 of the greatest games ever IMO

I agree that was a tremendous game, especially due to the outcome, HOWEVER I think the NU/FSU game the year before was far better. Even though there were stupid calls the entire game, that was definitely a tremendous showing for both teams defensively. Plus you got to see what a young Tommie Frazier/Lawrence Phillips combo could do. Trev Alberts and Terry Conneally all over Charlie Ward? Check. Tremyne Bell laying the wood to a FSU player? Check. The only thing the game was missing was the cinderella win that would have been provided had BB made that field goal...

As great of a win as the 1996 Fiesta Bowl was, you almost have to give the nod to the 1995 Orange Bowl and here is why...

The Fiesta Bowl was a great win for us, but it was a cake-walk and the game was over before half-time. Yeah it's fun to see your team dominate like that so you can sit back and relax, but in terms of jaw-dropping football the Orange Bowl did much better. We were down two scores, and we had two Cory Schlesinger touchdown runs and a 2 pt. conversion to put us up by one score. On the U's final drive, we sacked their quarterback twice, allowed a short pass for a gain, and finally intercepted the ball on a hail mary. Watching us win the Orange Bowl brought so much more satisfaction than the Fiesta Bowl simply because it was a close, well fought game.

As great of a win as the 1996 Fiesta Bowl was, you almost have to give the nod to the 1995 Orange Bowl and here is why...

The Fiesta Bowl was a great win for us, but it was a cake-walk and the game was over before half-time. Yeah it's fun to see your team dominate like that so you can sit back and relax, but in terms of jaw-dropping football the Orange Bowl did much better. We were down two scores, and we had two Cory Schlesinger touchdown runs and a 2 pt. conversion to put us up by one score. On the U's final drive, we sacked their quarterback twice, allowed a short pass for a gain, and finally intercepted the ball on a hail mary. Watching us win the Orange Bowl brought so much more satisfaction than the Fiesta Bowl simply because it was a close, well fought game.

and the fact that Dr Tom FINALLY got over the hump of beating Miami or a win in the Orange Bowl for that matter!

1995 Orange bowl for so many reasons. 1st NC win for Dr Tom. Beating "The U" in their own back yard. Watching Warren "weed" Sapp hunched over on the ground gasping for air as the Huskers Offense pounded the sh#t out of him in the 4th qtr. The fact that I got to see it in person.

you say that like its a bad thing, which its not.... but we can save that debate for another day

Lol I agree with you but what he's trying to get at is that all the weed smoking made Sapp tired, I don't think football players should smoke because it will get them out of breath quicker.

You have to go farther back than that. What about the 1971 Orange Bowl victory over LSU -- 17-12? That was NU's first national championship -- well at least a share of it. That's the game where Jerry Tagge held the ball over the endzone for the winning T.D. -- a very famous play. This game was as huge as any of them -- perhaps the most since it was the first NC. I know a lot of you weren't born yet, but you still have to recognize this Bowl game as at least one of the greatest ever.

Lol I agree with you but what he's trying to get at is that all the weed smoking made Sapp tired, I don't think football players should smoke because it will get them out of breath quicker.

I know I was out of breath running up and down dodge street high fiving guys in parked cars as everyone in Omaha tried to go to 72nd and Dodge.

You have to go farther back than that. What about the 1971 Orange Bowl victory over LSU -- 17-12? That was NU's first national championship -- well at least a share of it. That's the game where Jerry Tagge held the ball over the endzone for the winning T.D. -- a very famous play. This game was as huge as any of them -- perhaps the most since it was the first NC. I know a lot of you weren't born yet, but you still have to recognize this Bowl game as at least one of the greatest ever.

We would, but the original post stated (of last 25 years).