K, now I'm Frickin' Pissed!

zE bOp

ESPN is so busy thinking up polls....so they can sell a sponsorship....they don't take any time to figure out if they are good polls......I am an ESPN fan.....only because I don't have a good alternative. I would have thought Herbstreit was in charge of this poll, but there isn't enough USC and Ohio State on the pole for him to be involved.....

UH. Calm down everybody and read the fine print.

"This holiday season, ESPN Classic wants to give SportsNation a very special gift by broadcasting some of the best bowl games dating back to 1979. It's all part of the 12 Bowls of Christmas. The best part about the project? You get to choose the games you want us to broadcast! "

Obviously they can only LIST THE GAMES THEY HAVE BROADCAST RIGHTS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make a good point, but I would think some of those games listed would be under the rights of other broadcasting co.s too--i.e, NBC, CBS, Fox.

For e.g, who covered TX's win for the NC over USC('06)? Or OSU over MIA('03)?

Both of those games were on ABC.

ESPN is from what i understand produced and pretty much run by Mizzou grads, i got this info from some KU TV Grads that applied for a job there :)

so of course ESPN is gunna be biased.

Well, they got rid of Trev, but I saw him pop up on CBS as a co-announcer for an SEC game a few weeks back. :thumbs

Yes, I believe Trev quit on his own because he felt they were giving the GameDay clowns too much face-time on his, Rece and May's show.

Well, they have Holtz who is the ND guy, Herbstreit who's the OSU guy, Griese and Desmond Howard are the MI guys, Todd Blackledge who's the PSU guy.

Mark May is an anomaly, what is he, PITT?

Do they have a USC guy? That and a TX guy and they're all set.

I don't know if CBS picked up Trev permanently but that's gotta be a big step UP. If nothing else he gets to hang around Tracy Wolfson!!!

Trev left on his own.

T_O_B

After they showed him the door?

Well, he decided not come into work one day and they decided to stop paying him so I guess it was mutual.

I imagine it went something like this:

Marge: Work called. They said if you don't come in today, don't bother coming in Monday

Homer: Woo-hoo! Four day weekend!!

Trev left on his own.

T_O_B

After they showed him the door?

Well, he decided not come into work one day and they decided to stop paying him so I guess it was mutual.

I imagine it went something like this:

Marge: Work called. They said if you don't come in today, don't bother coming in Monday

Homer: Woo-hoo! Four day weekend!!

LOL! Well, he musta been pissed at somethin' if he walks from a cushy gig like ESPN.

So anyway, :backtotopic , I just find it hard to believe that ESPN can't find some good NE games--that they have the rights to--that they could show in their series. Maybe the MI/NU game '05 IS the only one--hard to believe.

I DO think the only reason they are showing the Ol' Miss game is because of Eli and I also believe they are reluctant to put something up their that NE fans would vote into a top spot. They are probably sick of us dominating their cfb polls! :corndance