2009...QB, DL LB's

I read thread after thread that gives NU no shot because we have new starters coming in 2009.

So..........

The Huskers have very talented guys ready to step up......I can't wait to see Lee Witt Spano and Green fighting for the Job.....and oh by the way, the playbook has been cut way back, it helped Joe and it will help the new starter...this is hardly as bad as watching Mike Grant or Mickey Joseph.......

DL........lots of things here say speed and toughness.....I like the redshirts stepping in, probably see a late JUCO signing and the Baker show will be taking the field next year....NOT ONE TEAM IN THE NORTH HAS THE TALENT NU HAS ON THE DL......Mizzou and KU both take HUGE hits along the line......so step away from the ledge........put the gun away and smile.....the Huskers have a chance to be special....could be the first time in years that the Huskers will have 4 guys that will play on sundays across the line.

LB's.......this unit has nowhere to go but up....and agin, with the redshirts and returners, the Huskers will atleast be the Best set in the North........if Bo can coach this group up, find a walk on or two for added depth, we should be just fine.

I see the Husker playing well next year on special teams next year as well because 50+ players redshirted(counting walkons)....the whole team will be deeper, faster and stronger....

Holla

I read thread after thread that gives NU no shot because we have new starters coming in 2009.

So..........

The Huskers have very talented guys ready to step up......I can't wait to see Lee Witt Spano and Green fighting for the Job.....and oh by the way, the playbook has been cut way back, it helped Joe and it will help the new starter...this is hardly as bad as watching Mike Grant or Mickey Joseph.......

DL........lots of things here say speed and toughness.....I like the redshirts stepping in, probably see a late JUCO signing and the Baker show will be taking the field next year....NOT ONE TEAM IN THE NORTH HAS THE TALENT NU HAS ON THE DL......Mizzou and KU both take HUGE hits along the line......so step away from the ledge........put the gun away and smile.....the Huskers have a chance to be special....could be the first time in years that the Huskers will have 4 guys that will play on sundays across the line.

LB's.......this unit has nowhere to go but up....and agin, with the redshirts and returners, the Huskers will atleast be the Best set in the North........if Bo can coach this group up, find a walk on or two for added depth, we should be just fine.

I see the Husker playing well next year on special teams next year as well because 50+ players redshirted(counting walkons)....the whole team will be deeper, faster and stronger....

Holla

Well if Suh stays, if one of the qb's can step up and do the job, "right away" and if Watson is still here. Then maybe your right. Next year could be tougher on Bo than this year, if he takes a hit on a couple of those things, not working out. IMHO.

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

It is not bad to think positive...but I will be refraining from drinking the kool aid until I know who the starting QB is, and see how he performs in spring. Anyone that thinks it will be easy next year is kidding themselves. The Southern division is still going to be loaded compared to the northern division, and who ever wins in the North will have to beat some of the southern division teams.

Helu looks to be our #1 back next year. What if he goes down? Will Castille or one of the younger backs step up to the plate? We don't know who might step up, if anyone. Our offensive line is also not that deep. Injuries could hurt us there also. We are losing our #1 receiver in Swift, someone has to replace him.

I think the defense will be the bright spot of the team. Bo knows defense. But at this point we are not sure who will be the OC, or if they will have to change the play book to fit the talent that we have. There are way too many questions to be answered before anyone should start predicting wins and losses. Fortunately for us, Missouri and KU is basically in the same boat we are when it comes to QB.

Don't start drinking the Kool Aid, but stay positive on the outlook. That is how I will be looking at the upcoming season. We came a lot farther this season than I thought we would after 3 games. Hopefully we can do something like that next year, and it will be enough to win the North. I think realistically it will be 2 more years before we will be able to compete for a NC. The goal for next year should be to get into the rankings and move up.

Well, we could also take a small-step backwards in '09 and start Mr. Dual-Threat.

That could turn out to be the best thing for the future...and who knows, he might just have the talent to play at this level now. I am tired of having QB's that only start a year then are gone and then having to reload the entire offense based on who the incoming QB is for that year.

Fortunately for us, Missouri and KU is basically in the same boat we are when it comes to QB.

Reesing is only a junior, he will be back next year with Briscoe and Meyer at WR and Sharp at RB. CU will be better next year and who knows what KSux will bring to the table. However, we SHOULD be the class of the North, but the South will be downright scary next year if McCoy and Bradford return. Baylor will be better, and then you have 4 top 25 teams in TT, OSU, OU and Texas. Texas A&M has some talent, so who knows what they will show.

the guy has a 65% completion percentage, usually throwing quite a lot. i would say that is pretty good for a high school QB. having said that though, i would not be too happy if he is not redshirted. he would then come out with a much better understanding the next year and he wont have to experience getting beat up as a freshman......

It is not bad to think positive...but I will be refraining from drinking the kool aid until I know who the starting QB is, and see how he performs in spring. Anyone that thinks it will be easy next year is kidding themselves. The Southern division is still going to be loaded compared to the northern division, and who ever wins in the North will have to beat some of the southern division teams.

Helu looks to be our #1 back next year. What if he goes down? Will Castille or one of the younger backs step up to the plate? We don't know who might step up, if anyone. Our offensive line is also not that deep. Injuries could hurt us there also. We are losing our #1 receiver in Swift, someone has to replace him.

I think the defense will be the bright spot of the team. Bo knows defense. But at this point we are not sure who will be the OC, or if they will have to change the play book to fit the talent that we have. There are way too many questions to be answered before anyone should start predicting wins and losses. Fortunately for us, Missouri and KU is basically in the same boat we are when it comes to QB.

Don't start drinking the Kool Aid, but stay positive on the outlook. That is how I will be looking at the upcoming season. We came a lot farther this season than I thought we would after 3 games. Hopefully we can do something like that next year, and it will be enough to win the North. I think realistically it will be 2 more years before we will be able to compete for a NC. The goal for next year should be to get into the rankings and move up.

I could not agree with this post more.....I have said that Bo will do well to repeat an 8 win year......I think that 5-3 in conference will win the North....I'm not drinking the Kool aid......nope......but I can't see another team in the north more settled at more positions than the Huskers......defense will carry this team...if and thats a huge if........A QB steps up and gives us a dual threat or a big arm....then a 9 or 10 win year is possible.......Bo will have depth next year...atleast more depth than this year.....to me that is the Key to slowly building a winner

Mizzou, KU and CU played alot of young players....that may help next year...but down the road it will hurt them......I also like the way this staff has found players that Bill simply would not have played........not a contender...but the Huskers are done giving up 50+ plus to anyone.......

the guy has a 65% completion percentage, usually throwing quite a lot. i would say that is pretty good for a high school QB. having said that though, i would not be too happy if he is not redshirted. he would then come out with a much better understanding the next year and he wont have to experience getting beat up as a freshman......

Cody very, very, very rarely throws the ball downfield. It just isn't his strength right now. Kid definitely needs a RS to learn under Watson. Thankfully, we know what Watson can do with QB's.