I apologize with all sincerity!!!!

funhusker

I'm new to HuskerBoard, and find it delightfully entertaining, especially in this down time!

I'm 27 tyears old. I am Nebraska born and raised and very proud of that fact. However, growing up I didn't follow the Huskers religiously like most, simply because they won ALL the time and I found it boring. I was one of those "rebellious" youths that thought it was cool to root for the underdog. (I know, my mistake).

However, when the Huskers started to slide to the point where I didn't see every game as a "gimme." I found interest. Even though it took 17 years, and facing future Huskers in HS games, I matured and started to take pride in the Huskers. Hoping and rooting for a win.

My blind pride for Nebraska has made me make comments in my circle of friends that maybe Callahan got a raw deal similar to Solich. He improved substantially from year 1 to 2 and won a division in year 3. Though be it that he dropped like a rock in his final year.

This lead me to do some research in the Husker History that I missed out on through my youth. Callahan's best year was only as good as the worst years in the last 35. Simply unbelievable! I know, I shouldn't be beating the BC years to death, and I will not outside of the last 4 paragraphs.

The point of this post is to apologize (even though I didn't make these remarks on this board) as a new member. Simply in the fact that I am 20 years too late to the party. And to let everyone know that I am not a bandwagon Husker fan, the only reason I'm here now is because I fell in love with an underdog, and learned to love to watch them win!

I'm also a Dallas Cowboy fan because I rooted for them as an underdog against the Buffalo Bills. That should get some conversation going!

GLAD to be here.

I'm new to HuskerBoard, and find it delightfully entertaining, especially in this down time!

I'm 27 tyears old. I am Nebraska born and raised and very proud of that fact. However, growing up I didn't follow the Huskers religiously like most, simply because they won ALL the time and I found it boring. I was one of those "rebellious" youths that thought it was cool to root for the underdog. (I know, my mistake).

However, when the Huskers started to slide to the point where I didn't see every game as a "gimme." I found interest. Even though it took 17 years, and facing future Huskers in HS games, I matured and started to take pride in the Huskers. Hoping and rooting for a win.

My blind pride for Nebraska has made me make comments in my circle of friends that maybe Callahan got a raw deal similar to Solich. He improved substantially from year 1 to 2 and won a division in year 3. Though be it that he dropped like a rock in his final year.

This lead me to do some research in the Husker History that I missed out on through my youth. Callahan's best year was only as good as the worst years in the last 35. Simply unbelievable! I know, I shouldn't be beating the BC years to death, and I will not outside of the last 4 paragraphs.

The point of this post is to apologize (even though I didn't make these remarks on this board) as a new member. Simply in the fact that I am 20 years too late to the party. And to let everyone know that I am not a bandwagon Husker fan, the only reason I'm here now is because I fell in love with an underdog, and learned to love to watch them win!

I'm also a Dallas Cowboy fan because I rooted for them as an underdog against the Buffalo Bills. That should get some conversation going!

GLAD to be here.

The party's not over dawg! :cheers Welcome

I'm down with boring.

As far a sports go I'm the same way. It's always fun to root for the dog. I am a big Gonzaga fan but the huskers are a different story. If they lose it basically ruins my weekend and if it's bad like last year, the loss spills over till mid week. About Wed. my optimistic fandom kicks in and it's like the 94 huskers all over again.

All part of being a fan. Makes me feel like I'm a part of the team, right above the equipment guys, but below the trainers. I'm there to show unwavering fanatic support. If they lose I lose, but when they win I win.

To bad fandom doesn't come with a salary.

Welcome to the light side. Hopefully you'll get lucky like I did, and not have to deal with a loss for a couple of years. 92-97 was one hell of a ride. :w00t

Every now and then I get a flashback of the good ol' days when 9 wins seemed like crap. I wanna feel like that again!!! :cry

But really, I remember when a loss was almost an unspeakable thing and fans were in shock for several days. This uphill/rebuilding thing feels really strange and has been going on way too long at this point.

But BO is great and things look good, so I can deal with it.