Huskerboard Help for a Needy Family

Hey guys,

One of my good friends/Shawn (originally from Omaha) is an assistant principal at a HS in Houston. He has a student whose family is in dire need. He didn't ask me to do this - his wife only sent this to his close friends, and he's never asked for help for a student before, and he's seen it all down there - so I know it must be a very important cause.

Please read his wife's note below for details. If you are able to donate, I'm collecting money and will send a single lump sum on behalf of the good people from Huskerboard. I set up a Paypal donation link, which you can visit below.

Donate Here

*I promise you this is legit - for those of you that don't know me I'm one of the co-founders of the board. The company listed on the donation form / Practice Sports, Inc. is a company I help operate - so I guarantee 100% of the donations will go to the family.

I'm personally sending a donation, and in addition will also match every dollar donated from you guys.

Thanks for the consideration, and just let me know if you need any clarification -- chad@huskerboard.com

Chad

Details:

Merry Christmas! We hope all of you are doing well.

I don't usually send things like this out but Shawn has an 18 year old MHS Student who could use a little help this Christmas. His mother is dying of terminal cancer and her health insurance policy already hit the maximum benefit payout. She is taking money from a life insurance policy to pay for medical treatment. She also lost her job. They have no other family in the area and don't have money for food, clothes, basic necessities like toilet paper, or money for gas to get the mother to and from treatments.

The boy is a good kid and scheduled to graduate this year. He quit playing basketball to stay home and care for his mother. If you are not already over obligated for the holidays and could help someone in need, please let us know.

The money will be used to purchase necessities for the family like toiletries, groceries, food, gas, etc.

If you would like to help by donating food or clothing rather than money, please let me know. I don't know if I can get it setup as tax deductible this way but it will still be welcome assistance!

Thank you!

Love,

Shawn and Amber

Donate Here

You guys are awesome. It doesn't matter how much you give - everything helps.

We currently have pooled $120 - so the family is getting at least $265 just from us! And I'm sure some others have mailed checks.

There's still time for others to chip in, and I know they could definitely use some more help. I'm going to mail a check on Monday, and then will send another one the following week.

Thanks again guys! They will be truly grateful - especially since they had no idea about the power of Husker Nation.

Heres the response from my friends when I told them what we're doing:

"Chad that is so awesome. Thank you so much. We feel so bad for this kid. He is in AP classes and has never been in trouble plus had to quit playing basketball to care for his mother and has no one else. Shawn said he was on varsity as a sophomore so that had to have been hard. Every bit helps and will be appreciated."

I know it doesnt matter what level of sports you play on, but for those who played sports in HS can you imagine finally making varsity, and then needing to quit to care for a dying family member? Wow. And you know it eats his mom up to know that she is the reason he isn't able to do something he loves. But he is such a huge person for doing what he's doing. Very admirable.

Not trying to guilt trip anyone, but this just makes me think about the stuff that I spend money on, and to think about how much a good family like this is going through simply to afford essentials. This is why I decided to buy a couple less gifts for myself this year and spend it on someone who needs it much more than me.

Thanks again everyone.

I just donated. Hope it is not too late too be of help.

TuffTiger- send an email to chad@huskerboard.com and he will tell you what to do if you want to donate cash I'm sure.

HuskerNCo

I try and sent a PM to Blackshirt on this web so could be he"ll read it and let me know.

It can be good to help out.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

Once again, hope it isn't/wasn't too late. Donated this morning. Sorry I couldn't do more, but hopefully every little bit helps out. Thank you for sharing this story, this is what life should be about, not just in the Holiday season. God Bless

I just donated. Hope it is not too late too be of help.

TuffTiger- send an email to chad@huskerboard.com and he will tell you what to do if you want to donate cash I'm sure.

HuskerNCo

I try and sent a PM to Blackshirt on this web so could be he"ll read it and let me know.

It can be good to help out.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

I have left word for him TT.

To Blackshirt Mod.

I have benn busy but wanted to say I sent a letter today from the post office downtownto you at that address to help out.

I can hope it"s not late.

Okay. just want to pass this along.

Tonight TAH BB will play in Bragging Right game against Illannoy. I know mosy GBR care most about football,but I am hopeing for a better BB team and so far so good.

TuffTiger.