joe ganz=underrated=advantage

shagg

Are you telling me there's a good time to throw an INT? OU loses to Texas because Bradford has 3 turnovers. I think Daniel had at least one if not two INT's in the games they lost. There's never a good time to have a turnover.

Well obviously all quarterbacks would like to avoid interceptions overall and not have any, but that is impossible to go an entire season without turning it over. Joe is a great quarterback and who knows what our record last year might have been if he had started over Keller. Our offense will still be pretty good next year with Helu as long as we have a strong OL.

The one thing I don't like about Joe is is interception throwing at the worst possible time. The Texas Tech game would've been huge to win, if Ganz had just thrown that ball away, we'd still have a pretty good chance to pick up 10 yard on our next 2 plays and continue a drive and win against a top 10 team for once. Thats what really got to me about Joe is that TT game. However in his other contributions have been great he has really been our offense this year.

I am positive your not saying there is a good time to throw an interception. I think that I agree with what you're trying to say(I may be wrong I guess too) but I think that Joe is a very good QB but sometimes his decision making ability is lacking, espeacially when things are happening very fast like they were that night with the rush. That's what separates him from Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell. IMO Otherwise I think that he is exactly what I said; not a great, but very good QB. I think his charector makes Joe who he is though.

Are you telling me there's a good time to throw an INT? OU loses to Texas because Bradford has 3 turnovers. I think Daniel had at least one if not two INT's in the games they lost. There's never a good time to have a turnover.

Well obviously all quarterbacks would like to avoid interceptions overall and not have any, but that is impossible to go an entire season without turning it over. Joe is a great quarterback and who knows what our record last year might have been if he had started over Keller. Our offense will still be pretty good next year with Helu as long as we have a strong OL.

Obviously, some interceptions come at a much worse and consequential time than others. A pick midway through the first quarter with a 7-3 score is not the same as a game-ending pick in a do-or-die drive in overtime.

You all are CRAZY! Wait till next year, and there's a good chance that we'll all be longing for QB like Ganz. It really bugs me that most of you don't realize just how damn good Ganz is! So he blew the TT game, we'd have a half dozen other losses in the last few years without him!

But go on and keep spouting how "average" he has been for us, just don't be f'n whining if the rest of the QBs strongly disappoint you next season.

Very true. The only problem with Ganz (which a lot of people seem to talk about) is his arm strength. He tends to force some balls sometimes.

Well, his biggest problem seems to be hitting guys on the short crossing patterns over the middle, with the rcvr in traffic, seems like that's where most of his picks have come from.