joe ganz=underrated=advantage

shagg

with so many good qb in the b12 joe ganz usually get's overlooked...i think this is an advantage for us especially playing teams outside the conference...when given time ganz can and will tear you a new one...nationally, i don't think people realize how good ganz is...sometime it's better to be under the radar

Very true. The only problem with Ganz (which a lot of people seem to talk about) is his arm strength. He tends to force some balls sometimes.

i think his arm strength is a little underrated imo. we are playing a ball control offense this year and he is not really being asked to throw the long ball all that often if hardly ever. if you look at him last year he had no problem throwing the long ball i remember more than once that he threw 40+ yards without even really stepping into it, and i think people really misjudge him based on our current offense.....

Arm strength isn't really based on how far you can throw it, I mean even the puniest arm quarterbacks can chuck a ball 50+ yards down field. As far as I can tell it's more along the lines of how much velocity you can put behind the throw, and how fast it can get from point A to point B (not counting lobbed or arcing passes of course). In that regard, Ganz really only has an average arm.

i love ganz to death, but the big thing i notice with him is that he's a little bit of a choke artist. he's held us in an awful lot of games, but, lets be honest here. the guy has made some pretty bonehead decisions in games

that were close. and by the grace of god henery blasted you out of your shell. i wish we had someone else? NO. but yes at the same time.

Like was stated above the opposing coaches and teams that we play are paying attention to him. If they weren’t they wouldn’t have jobs or be playing. He is the center piece of this offense.

As far as being underrated I don’t think he is. He is exactly where he should be he is the 5th to 7th best QB in the conference and that is just the facts. I think he gets the nod over Robinson and Reesing by a lot of Husker fans just because he is the QB of their team. However if you watch those other two play and honestly rate them you may have to put both of them above Ganz. That being said I would have no problem putting Ganz above them either.

he gets overlooked in the Big 12 simply because this is his first full season and he is done after it, too bad he did not have more chances than he did, but if Keller did not go out last season no one outside of NU fans would have heard of Joe Ganz and what he was capable of until at least the 5th game this year. He did a great job and will be missed, wonder what he could have done with 2-3 years seeing considerable playing time. :blink:

Arm strength isn't really based on how far you can throw it, I mean even the puniest arm quarterbacks can chuck a ball 50+ yards down field. As far as I can tell it's more along the lines of how much velocity you can put behind the throw, and how fast it can get from point A to point B (not counting lobbed or arcing passes of course). In that regard, Ganz really only has an average arm.

Have we been watching the same QB? Cause Joe has been throwing lasers inside of 15yds! I bet if you told guys like Swift and Pettersen this they would laugh at you.

YES he's underreated, sadly even by a lot of us Husker fans!

Have we been watching the same QB? Cause Joe has been throwing lasers inside of 15yds! I bet if you told guys like Swift and Pettersen this they would laugh at you.

YES he's underreated, sadly even by a lot of us Husker fans!

In the PROs the deep out is such a tough throw with the better DB's, have to put a lot of velocity on it. I don't know if he can throw it or not, but that will be the test in the evals he goes through. If he has it, then great, I just don't know if I have seen him have that ability yet. Could be the offense, but it could be that Wats doesn't let him either.

x2. Ganz has a very average arm. Watch Sam Bradford, then Watch Joe Ganz. Then tell me who has a strong arm.

arm strenght is good but if you don't have the touch then forget it...anybody ever try watching that qb from nutter- dame play?....kid's got a cannon for an arm but can only throw a laser beam type ball...needless to say he sucked...gets alot of balls tipped or picked off

The one thing I don't like about Joe is is interception throwing at the worst possible time. The Texas Tech game would've been huge to win, if Ganz had just thrown that ball away, we'd still have a pretty good chance to pick up 10 yard on our next 2 plays and continue a drive and win against a top 10 team for once. Thats what really got to me about Joe is that TT game. However in his other contributions have been great he has really been our offense this year.