Where do you think Suh will stand

Dude's not even first team Big 12 - how could he be among the top ten greatest in Husker lore? :clap

If NU was 11-1 he would be 1st team Big XII. There is so much bias these days that the post season awards have gotten almost pointless. Its like, "Ok player 1 had 6 sacks, 60 tkls, 1 fumble recovery, and he played on an 11-1 team. Ok, player 2 had 13 sacks, 72 tkls, 1 fumble recovery, 2 int's returned for TDs, and he played on an 8-4 team. Both players are in the same conference and play pretty close to the same schedule. Well, player 1 must be better because his team is better." It's the same way all over the country. If Suh keeps progressing at the rate he is, he will be a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft just like Wistrom and Peter were. But he won't get the national recognition unless the team makes some noise next season.

You mean like Chris Long last year?

What are you getting at?

Figure it out. Was Long's team 11-1? Yet he managed to make All-America and win the Hendricks award.

For the Heisman, you're right. For anything else, not so much.

Well then why don't you help me out and tell me why Suh wasn't 1st team All Big XII when he had better stats than all but one of the players chosen ahead of him. Chris Long is one example and every year there are many more players that have better stats than the players that were chosen over them and simply were not picked because they didn't play for a school that was a contender. And the players that get looked over are ones that are in the same conferences as the ones who do get chosen.

Why didn't Frost even get invited to the hypseman ceremony his sr. year despite winning a NC and accomplishing something that had only been done 6 times prior? Why didn't Ahman get invited to the hypseman ceremony even though he only had like 25 yards less than Ricky on several less carries? Why didn't Frazier win the hypseman after playing for 3 NC winning 2 and only losing like 2 games his entire career?

OU's D is taking some pretty serious knocks this year. Now if he played in the SEC, then people might be saying first rounder. I'm reading more and more where people are just starting to annoint Florida the NC. Big game Bob hasn't faired too well in bowl games when being the favorite, so maybe this will be like 2000 when he went in as an underdog?

I know it depends on the outcome of his senior season, but I am interested to hear what people think. Personally, I think that he is definitely in the top 10, but would place a few guys ahead of him: Wistrom, Jason Peter, Rucker, and Vanden Bosch, and possibly Carriker.

With a good senior season he maybe has a shot at top 10. Here is a list of past DLine All Americans (last 40 some years) Some are 2 time selections and I think there were 4 Outland or Lombardi winners. Also many other All Conference picks.

Wayne Meylan -

Larry Jackobsen

Rich Glover

Willie Harper

John Dutton

Mike Fultz

Bob Martin

George Andrews

Derrie Nelson

Jimmy Williams

Neil Smith

Danny Noonan

Jim Skow

Kenny Walker

Jared Tomich

Grant Wistrom

Jason Peter

post-4426-1229016962.jpg

No Trev Alberts?

Suh will have to have a helluva year to compete with Rich Glover: that guy was quick as hell and frequently stopped RBs in the backfield. Teams ran more though back then and the O schemes weren't as complex.

I think Jason Peter was probably the best though(interior lineman). Guy was harsh. Or Neil Smith.

OU's D is taking some pretty serious knocks this year. Now if he played in the SEC, then people might be saying first rounder. I'm reading more and more where people are just starting to annoint Florida the NC. Big game Bob hasn't faired too well in bowl games when being the favorite, so maybe this will be like 2000 when he went in as an underdog?

You could be exactly right. The Sooners are hellacious when they are mad.

I'm still leaning toward FL though because I think they are going to be able to harrass Bradford and he's not that great under duress, IMO.

Why didn't Frost even get invited to the hypseman ceremony his sr. year despite winning a NC and accomplishing something that had only been done 6 times prior? Why didn't Ahman get invited to the hypseman ceremony even though he only had like 25 yards less than Ricky on several less carries? Why didn't Frazier win the hypseman after playing for 3 NC winning 2 and only losing like 2 games his entire career?

Because the members of New York's Downtown Athletic Club all have one thing in common with former President Richard Nixon, their nick name is "Dick."

T_O_B

I doubt that Suh will ever match this guy--

few have.

http://www.collegefootball.org/famersearch.php?id=70023

Ain't likely.

The Bobfather said he was - "the greatest defensive player I ever saw."

And he saw a few good ones at Nu and on opposing teams.

from wikipedia-

Richard Edward Glover (born February 6, 1950 in Bayonne, New Jersey) was an American football player.

In 1972, while playing college football for the University of Nebraska, he won the Outland Trophy and the Lombardi Award for best lineman; he is one of seven Nebraska winners of the Outland Trophy and one of four Nebraska winners of the Lombardi Award. He is, along with fellow Nebraska Cornhuskers Dave Rimington and Dean Steinkuhler, one of only twelve players to have won both the Outland Trophy and the Lombardi Award. He was selected to the Nebraska All-Century Football Team and is one of sixteen Cornhuskers to have his jersey retired by the team.

In 1999 Glover was selected as a starting defensive tackle by Sports Illustrated in their "NCAA Football All-Century Team" alongside other starting defensive tackle Bronko Nagurski. The second and third team defensive tackles were Buck Buchanan, Lee Roy Selmon, Mike Reid and Randy White. Glover was one of six Nebraska Cornhuskers on SI's All-Century Team 85 man roster; the others being Johnny Rodgers, Rimington, Steinkuhler, Tommie Frazier and Aaron Taylor. Glover was the only Cornhusker defensive player selected.

:worship

now compare to this guy--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Peter