Where do you think Suh will stand

I know it depends on the outcome of his senior season, but I am interested to hear what people think. Personally, I think that he is definitely in the top 10, but would place a few guys ahead of him: Wistrom, Jason Peter, Rucker, and Vanden Bosch, and possibly Carriker.

With a good senior season he maybe has a shot at top 10. Here is a list of past DLine All Americans (last 40 some years) Some are 2 time selections and I think there were 4 Outland or Lombardi winners. Also many other All Conference picks.

Wayne Meylan -

Larry Jackobsen

Rich Glover

Willie Harper

John Dutton

Mike Fultz

Bob Martin

George Andrews

Derrie Nelson

Jimmy Williams

Neil Smith

Danny Noonan

Jim Skow

Kenny Walker

Jared Tomich

Grant Wistrom

Jason Peter

post-4426-1229016962.jpg

Definitely think he will be in the top 10, the only thing that could derail him is if he does something stupid and gets suspended or kicked off the team - or get hurt. In the first part of the season I felt like he was a little out of control, but I think they have gotten him to start using his head more, so hopefully he will not get into trouble on or off the field, and stay healthy...

Dude's not even first team Big 12 - how could he be among the top ten greatest in Husker lore? :clap

If NU was 11-1 he would be 1st team Big XII. There is so much bias these days that the post season awards have gotten almost pointless. Its like, "Ok player 1 had 6 sacks, 60 tkls, 1 fumble recovery, and he played on an 11-1 team. Ok, player 2 had 13 sacks, 72 tkls, 1 fumble recovery, 2 int's returned for TDs, and he played on an 8-4 team. Both players are in the same conference and play pretty close to the same schedule. Well, player 1 must be better because his team is better." It's the same way all over the country. If Suh keeps progressing at the rate he is, he will be a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft just like Wistrom and Peter were. But he won't get the national recognition unless the team makes some noise next season.

Dude's not even first team Big 12 - how could he be among the top ten greatest in Husker lore? :clap

If NU was 11-1 he would be 1st team Big XII. There is so much bias these days that the post season awards have gotten almost pointless. Its like, "Ok player 1 had 6 sacks, 60 tkls, 1 fumble recovery, and he played on an 11-1 team. Ok, player 2 had 13 sacks, 72 tkls, 1 fumble recovery, 2 int's returned for TDs, and he played on an 8-4 team. Both players are in the same conference and play pretty close to the same schedule. Well, player 1 must be better because his team is better." It's the same way all over the country. If Suh keeps progressing at the rate he is, he will be a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft just like Wistrom and Peter were. But he won't get the national recognition unless the team makes some noise next season.

You mean like Chris Long last year?

What are you getting at?

I know it depends on the outcome of his senior season, but I am interested to hear what people think. Personally, I think that he is definitely in the top 10, but would place a few guys ahead of him: Wistrom, Jason Peter, Rucker, and Vanden Bosch, and possibly Carriker.

so far...

he's no Rich Glover.

:worship

What are you getting at?

Figure it out. Was Long's team 11-1? Yet he managed to make All-America and win the Hendricks award.

For the Heisman, you're right. For anything else, not so much.