Iowa St. vacancy

husker4

all im trying to say is that he is obviously talented, and is obviously a competitor. so it would not be suprising to me at all if he would take a job like an iowa state, and possibly do well there. look at chizik, auburn didnt downgrade him because of his performance at iowa state. i see this as nothing but positive for turner. he can do a few years there, and if he makes them into a winner, he has his pick of colleges. if he doesnt, he can still move along. its not gonna kill his career. staying at buffalo a few more years surely will though. his stock, p.r., etc is never going to be higher in the media/athletic directors eyes in that job than it is now. its a glass ceiling there.

all im trying to say is that he is obviously talented, and is obviously a competitor. so it would not be suprising to me at all if he would take a job like an iowa state, and possibly do well there. look at chizik, auburn didnt downgrade him because of his performance at iowa state. i see this as nothing but positive for turner. he can do a few years there, and if he makes them into a winner, he has his pick of colleges. if he doesnt, he can still move along. its not gonna kill his career. staying at buffalo a few more years surely will though. his stock, p.r., etc is never going to be higher in the media/athletic directors eyes in that job than it is now. its a glass ceiling there.

Agreed plus i think that if he can get them to 500 or better then get them to a bowl game and a 7-8 win season i think iowa state would be happy each year and he could be there for a while.

Right now, Buffalo is at the top of their conference and going to a bowl game. Do you think Gill could even get Iowa State to .500?

I think ball state is at the top of the confrence and i think he could do a lot at Iowa State. THey are a realy young team. Where is CY with his opinion?

Buffalo is at the top of the MAC......they did win the conference by beating ball state.

Him going to ISU would be bad for us imo. he would then be able to convince a lot of the players that are walking on here to go to ISU on scholarship. he would really hurt our walk on program....

I would like to see Gill end up at Iowa State for 2 reasons.

1. He's is a former sker and I would like for him to get a coaching gig in a major BCS conference, it is certainly NOT a step backwards for him, and if you feel that way then I'll loan you a copy of The Idiots Guide to College Football..<_<

2. I think Gill is a great coach and I think with his hire he would help in the resurgence of the Big 12 North!

GBR!

it would be a bitter sweet thing if Gill would go to Iowa State. Overall I hope he doesn't get/take the job, wait until next year and Turner will get an even better job.

I was kinda of hoping Auburn would get TCU's Patterson(which was a rumor) and then Turner go to TCU.

Anyways, I liked Gene as a guy, and wished him luck at Auburn, he will need it, he will have fun being a puppet to boosters and he will need to win quick or he will be a Def coordinator soon