question for NU fans from a clemson fan

patthecat

Which team that you regularly play do you hate the most?

I can't say I hate ANY team. There are some I get sick of hearing about but that's not the same thing. As far as the whole thing with Colorado, I guess they're our biggest 'hate' nowadays. What I hate is getting it shoved in my face all the time.

Of course, if you're a Husker traditionalist like me, our biggest rival is and always will be Oklahoma. But I wouldn't call that a 'grudge' match.

I would say it is a toss up for me between mu,cu, and ksu. The only problem is it is hard to hate on teams we have dominated over the years. We would have to lose for a lot of consecutive years just for any of them to catch us or even get close to catching us in the head to head battle.

Non conf. would have to be nd. osu usc and anywhere peterson is the AD at.

I would say it is a toss up for me between mu,cu, and ksu. The only problem is it is hard to hate on teams we have dominated over the years. We would have to lose for a lot of consecutive years just for any of them to catch us or even get close to catching us in the head to head battle.

Non conf. would have to be nd. osu usc and anywhere peterson is the AD at.

:clap:clap:clap

If you'd have asked me during the 80s, it would have been Oklahoma.

If you'd have asked me during the 90s, it would have been Colorado.

Colorado is probably still #1, but it's not as clear-cut these days. Missouri is really making a serious run for their money.

KSU and the rest of the conference aren't really much more than occasional annoyances.

Out of conference, it would be Miami, Florida State, and the Big 10, in that order.

regularly play---its colorado. dont let anyone else here fool you. if it comes to 'hate' with regularity, its the buckin fuffs. that being said, hate is a strong word to use with Husker Nation, especially when we cant even begin to comprehend the true rivalry you have with USCjr. its just different with us, as you can tell by the several different responses you got in this one thread. we dont really have anyone to 'hate', just the odd team here and there over the last 40 years that has taken a couple games from us, without continued success. ( i will agree that as of late missouri fans have been the most obnoxious) sometimes i think to myself, oh, it'd be cool to have a rivalry like clemson v. coots, but i like it how we have it. one team, one state. and i hope ralphie chokes on a corn cob.

I have a different outlook then most on this so I'll add my reply- I CANNOT stand Texas. When this conference was formed NU and UT went head to head on many things. When push came to shove and got to vote time, the rest of the Big 8 (OU included), A@M, TT, and Baylor bent over for almighty Texas. 11-1 votes on many things. Ask any Oklahoma fan and they flail around when the subject is brought up. That and Notre Dame compounds into this formula for history measures/TV contract $$$ for a multitude of reasons why the Big 12 was formed. Having said all that I now only care for 1 team alone in this conference, Nebraska.

Texas is the one-up king. You all have buddies like this or know people like this. Ex: You just get a 42" LCD Flat Screen that you've been pinching pennies for a long long time. Have the group of buddies over for the game and the loud obnoxious one states yea, nice TV, I have 60" ones in each of my crappers at the house. You get the point.

For good measure go to the Texas official athletic website. They have 4 MNCs (even though in one of those years they got bombed in their bowl game), you'll notice they have advertised 4 Crystal Ball Sears/ADT National Championship Trophies. Funny, the MNC Crystal Balls weren't given out until 1993 to present day. So Texas decides what the hell, we'll just go out and buy 3 more Trophies. See Here.

Colorado fans pine for day of reckoning when they could've bolted for the PAC 10 before this conference was formed. The invitation was there (CU declined) and you see it discussed all the time on their boards; the only caveat being is that Texas would've had to accompany them.

Texas is the one-up king. You all have buddies like this or know people like this. Ex: You just get a 42" LCD Flat Screen that you've been pinching pennies for a long long time. Have the group of buddies over for the game and the loud obnoxious one states yea, nice TV, I have 60" ones in each of my crappers at the house. You get the point.

:yeah

It's still the Puffs as #1 grudge match. Just CANNOT lose to those guys and retain a positive outlook on life.

:bluffs

(Mizzou close 2nd)

Team or fans?

I hate the obnoxious behavior - Colorado or Missouri fans, Booger "spit me in the face, waaah" Daniels, Miami in the '90s, any Notre Dumb coach (especially when playing with super bowl ring during pressers) Notre Dumb and CBS - there's only one network big enough for the God's chosen. ACC tidbit - Lil Vick stepping on opponent during game, didn't that happen?

I guess it is the way I was brought up