Huskerfans at Gator Bowl

I work at a Super Target in Papillion,NE and I had a slew of Cornhusker Fans at the store the last few days that were heading to the Gator Bowl. Word of mouth is that the Nebraska fans are going to make Nebraska feel like it's a home game in Florida. One guy I talked to said that word has gotten out that the Nebraska Fans are going to be loud and proud for their beloved Cornhuskers. They guy went on to tell me that, "Florida is a hotbed of recruiting talent, and a lot can be said to a high school student considering where to go for College Ball and his decision can be influenced not only by a team, but it's fans".

I keep getting chills down my spine thinking about the Gator Bowl. It's not a National Championship game, but it seems like it's even more than that. It's about going 9-4 and saying proudly....

WE ARE NEBRASKA!!

Hello all a quick update from myself and HANC

We are staying about 10 miles north of the landing and this moring in our hotel lobby was about 20 husker fans we are BSing with. Last night down at the landing I would say the fans were about equal in attendance. Clemson fans have been awesome, you guys are not kidding how you hate South Carolina to funny. A guy asked us who our rival was? I said you got 10 minutes and said CU, KSU, MU, OU etc. etc. etc.

This morning we are heading to the beach were the huskers are staying at. Then we are heading off to the landing for the NU pep rally :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Update later after a few drinks

Hello all a quick update from myself and HANC

We are staying about 10 miles north of the landing and this moring in our hotel lobby was about 20 husker fans we are BSing with. Last night down at the landing I would say the fans were about equal in attendance. Clemson fans have been awesome, you guys are not kidding how you hate South Carolina to funny. A guy asked us who our rival was? I said you got 10 minutes and said CU, KSU, MU, OU etc. etc. etc.

This morning we are heading to the beach were the huskers are staying at. Then we are heading off to the landing for the NU pep rally :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Update later after a few drinks

Well - I woke up this morning about 80 miles south of our 1/1 victory - thankfully in my own bed.

Will be leaving about 8:00 - getting there about 10:00. Get the brats cooked. Chat with some Huskers. Then head into the warm stadium to watch our next victory.

Be loud and proud sea of red! :bonez

that stadium's gonna be rockin tomorrow! wish i could be there to add my voice to that of the Tiger faithful, my roommate got 2 tickets for free, but he decided to take his girlfriend (who isnt enough of a sports fan to truly appreciate it) instead of me. Cant say I blame him as he'll probably get a pretty decent "reward" out of it, but I'm definitely not happy about it.

But yeah, should be interesting to see if its louder when Nebraska or Clemson has the ball

just got back from that landing and the New Year's Eve celebration.......... Good day..... about 70 degrees....went to players hotel and took a few pics with cheerleaders and players....snuck into a private cabana on the beach and enjoyed the ocean....parade was,...well...a parade, and the pep rally kicked a$$. NU had a great crowd...still quite a bit of orange, but it will be interesting tomorrow to see what the stadium looks like....a lot of RED.....

PS....Happy New Year's to everyone on the board. Enjoy the games and GO BIG RED !!!!

KcHusker and HANC :wasted

Yeah, I wish I was going to be down there...going to be a lot of fun. I am stuck watching it from the gf's couch in Lincoln, though...but will make the best of it. Bud Lite anyone??

Sounds good to me, she have a sister?

She does...but she is a little short fat girl (4 ft 4 in tall, 444 lbs) Want me to set you up?? :)