Dan Fouts? Are you kidding me?

Among the top 35 or so teams, there is not really that much difference in athleticism. There is an execution difference. In the first half, Clemson looked really fast on defense because we executed poorly. In the Second half, you did not see that "speed" difference because of the improvement in assignment execution.

There has always been this perception that teams from the southeast and the west coast are full of super athletes who can run twice as fast and jump twice as high as all others. This just isn't so.

Utah's speed on defense ate Alabama's lunch! there is a difference in athletes and how they are schemed in the play of the game. all things being equal, speed kills, size can be overrated.

Then the team with all the track athletes always wins. Then Florida State and Miami cannot lose. Then Nebraska never wins.

Check the performance tests and evaluations. They are almost equal for the top half of the Division I teams.

Utah simply wanted the game more than Alabama, and were better prepared.

"Speed", or the perception of it, is the product of not only athletic ability, but execution, scheme and focus. Clemson's athletes were no faster than Nebraska's, their defense was just well schemed, well coached and well focused. That's why they appeared to "slow down" in the second half when Nebraska played better.

Then their "blazing, dominant speed" held Nebraska to only 20 points in the 3rd quarter.

Can I use this thread to whine about CBS in general? Like a dumb a$$, I didn't set my DVR correctly for this game. Since we get the CBS College sports channel, I was hoping for a replay, since usually they are pretty good about that sort of thing. I just checked listings and they have NINE replays of the craptastic 3-0 Sun Bowl in the next 7 days, and none of the Gator Bowl.

i cant figure this out for the life of me either...there must be some reason, right? something with contractual obligations or something? because i would think they would rather replay a 26-21 emotional roller coaster than a 3-0 yawner. i raise my kilt to cbs.

Well, if Pitt had won, I would have started a conspiracy theory involving SP.

Some people obviously would not be satisfied with the announcers unless they said "Clemson obviously is an inferior team. Nebraska is so awesome!" the entire game.

Doesn't anyone remember how they gushed over Ganz and how underrated he is in the Big 12? Or how much praise they heaped on Steinkuhler and Suh throughout the game? Or all the hype they spewed out about Helu and Lucky? And our senior, veteran wide receivers, especially Swift, whom they said would be playing on sundays and compared to Wes freaking Welker! And when we were rallying, they lauded Nebraska as a team that just refuses to go down. and yet they're just "so biased" against us?

If you really want a homer Nebraska announcing crew, listen to the radio guys. Even then...

I thought it was a balanced, well-called game. Yeah, they got Keith Williams' picture wrong (and maybe Slauson's as well) and the guy didn't know how to pronounce the name of our #6 corner. What sacrilege, huh?

To close, I'd like to add that I also really enjoyed the line "Carl Pelini doesn't dial up his blitzes, he goes WI FI!" Classic XD

One question....I am really not that guy that really gives two sheets about the broadcasters....I am tuning in to watch the game....not them. But answer me this......ONE TIME DURING THAT BROADCAST DID THEY MENTION HOW OUR DEFENSE WAS DOMINATING CLEMSON? ESPECIALLY AGAINST THEIR VAUNTED RUN? THEY DIDN'T ONCE HIGHLIGHT HOW WE HELD THEM TO 2 YARDS RUSHING!!!! That was the story of that game. THEY WERE TERRIBLE!!!!!

I don't know, but they were raving about Suh and Steinkuhler being in the backfield all day. And they talked about how flustered Harper was. I really think they were just enjoying a great game and maybe they missed some headlines that we, as hardcore Husker devotees, will pick up from looking at the box score. Sure, maybe judging holistically, they did not deliver the greatest coverage in the history of TV coverages (but who's keeping track). I just don't see where this sentiment that they were Clemson homers come from.

We all saw what happened; don't really need the talking heads to reaffirm ourselves, do we? It's not like they were saying that Clemson was gashing our defense. They were in love with Pelini!

Oh, and did anyone else notice that they had the wrong photo up for Matt Slauson when introducing the starting lineups? If it was him, he has lost about 80 lbs and he has a full head of hair.

I don't know about Slauson but they definitely had Matt O'Hanlon's picture up and Thenarse's name and number in the starting lineup.

I noticed that too! I told my wife the Florida sun must be horrible because Thenarse got bleached and his ears grew! :lol:

If memory serves, there was a game involving the Miami Dolphins back in the 80's that was broadcast with NO commentary. It was on NBC, and was broadcast just as a regularly broadcast game would have been shown, just no commentary. There have been times during this season whether on network t.v., or worse, when FSN does a gome with that atrocity Dave Lapham doing the color, that I have actually turned the sound off. The broadcast is time delayed so the 1110 broadcast is off by 4 to 5 seconds, so that does'nt work either. I am not one to go for complete "homerism", I just want a broadcast that is knowledeable and entertaining. Am I asking for too much?

Oh, and did anyone else notice that they had the wrong photo up for Matt Slauson when introducing the starting lineups? If it was him, he has lost about 80 lbs and he has a full head of hair.

Man feel lucky. I know you saw this.....

01TebowFox01.jpg

Pretty sure that is not Khalid El-Amin there, unless our friend Tim Tebow has an alter ego...

Tebow is teh Terroistss!!!11!

I KNEW I had seen Tebows face there, but it went too fast. lol.