Dan Fouts? Are you kidding me?

In the first quarter, Nebraska ran for 1 yard gain. CBS announcers: Clemson stuffs Nebraska for a 2 yard loss! No correction despite the fact that the graphic came up saying 2nd and 9. No admitting they had called it wrong or anything.

Contrast this with ESPN radio announcers for the Rose bowl who made mistakes but quickly corrected themselves so you didn't actually have to do your own play-by-play to keep up with what was going on in the game.

I guess its just me, but I really did not think Fouts was all that bad. Hey, I was pretty damn worried myself that the game was about to get ugly. All in all, I thought that towards the end as NU took over, they were being very complimentary. Didn't I hear a reference by Craig James that "Nebraska is back?" Obviously a different network, but I think this is a case of being a touch too sensitive.

Yes- it is you. The broadcasting crew was horrible. As far as being too sensitive we have recruits listening.

Seriously, did you have the volumn turned up? That broadcast would have driven a blind husker fan to commit suicide.

Wonder if they were drinking? I bet the Bowl committee made sure that they were "taken care of". Some of their comments made me wonder.

Wouldn't be the first time Dan had a couple of drinks before grabbing the mike. :lol:

To be honest though, I couldn't really care less about what the announcers think of us. Did they seem particularly proud of Clemson? Yeah, I thought so. But, again, really don't give a shat. Certainly didn't enjoy the game any less because of them.

whining about broadcasters? are you kidding me?!

what about when Dan Fouts gushed all over Nebraska in the pre-game discussion.

Sheesh.

Honestly, it was not looking good for us at 21-10. If Clemson puts up another score, they'd be close to putting it beyond reach, which is just what he said - "close to".

And you take away two incredible (and very long) runs by Q, and what are we left with? A LOT of stuffed runs.

Vince, if you were really watching the game, then you would know why they gushed about the Clemson defensive and their speed. Did you see Nebraska's first half offensive drive chart? Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, FG, Fumble, INT, Half. Maybe I forgot a punt in there. Again, Quentin gave us a spark on some huge plays, but we were not generally 'rolling.' Helu, in particular, had no answers for their speed today. Trying to bounce it back outside, he was routinely caught and stuffed for losses. They played great D, but luckily, we have a gutsy offense that never mailed it in and made the big plays when it had to.

As an Oregon grad, Fouts (and Ahmad Rashad) was smacked around by the '71 Huskers as the Blackshirts dominated and Kinney pounded to an easy 34-7 victory. He probably still holds a grudge over that, as Oregon was probably one of the best teams on the West Coast that year.

Totally baseless accusation. He might just have a tremendous amount of respect and acknowledgment for Nebraska having played against them. But you assume that he's bitter and classless because you're not happy with his announcing? That makes sense...

Hey, we got like 8 months till the next game, have to beach about something, right? :lol:

1) It's already been mentioned but I just laughed to myself when I heard rout/blowout and shootout referenced within 60 seconds of another.

2) Did you know we have a player nammed DIE-NERD? I thought it was spelled Dennard, but I guess they pronounce it different when in Florida. I can understand messing up Suh's first name (not gonna try and spell it)...but c'mon...DIE-NERD?

3) Nobody has referenced the call at the end of the game?!?! "Carl Pelini doesn't have this Defense Dialed Up...he's gone WIFI." Are you friggin' kidding me?

I'm not gonna play the 'biased/media hates us' card at all. That makes me want to poke my eyes out. But sometimes I wonder if these guys get the rosters an hour before the game and only pre-rehearse their lame catch phrases.

whining about broadcasters? are you kidding me?!

what about when Dan Fouts gushed all over Nebraska in the pre-game discussion.

Sheesh.

Honestly, it was not looking good for us at 21-10. If Clemson puts up another score, they'd be close to putting it beyond reach, which is just what he said - "close to".

And you take away two incredible (and very long) runs by Q, and what are we left with? A LOT of stuffed runs.

Vince, if you were really watching the game, then you would know why they gushed about the Clemson defensive and their speed. Did you see Nebraska's first half offensive drive chart? Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, FG, Fumble, INT, Half. Maybe I forgot a punt in there. Again, Quentin gave us a spark on some huge plays, but we were not generally 'rolling.' Helu, in particular, had no answers for their speed today. Trying to bounce it back outside, he was routinely caught and stuffed for losses. They played great D, but luckily, we have a gutsy offense that never mailed it in and made the big plays when it had to.

As an Oregon grad, Fouts (and Ahmad Rashad) was smacked around by the '71 Huskers as the Blackshirts dominated and Kinney pounded to an easy 34-7 victory. He probably still holds a grudge over that, as Oregon was probably one of the best teams on the West Coast that year.

Totally baseless accusation. He might just have a tremendous amount of respect and acknowledgment for Nebraska having played against them. But you assume that he's bitter and classless because you're not happy with his announcing? That makes sense...

Yes I did watch the game and was sickened by CBS' and their crews love of all things orange. It was a one sided call by their crew that was spoiled by NU winning. NU fans loved that NU spoiled CBS' day.

1) It's already been mentioned but I just laughed to myself when I heard rout/blowout and shootout referenced within 60 seconds of another.

2) Did you know we have a player nammed DIE-NERD? I thought it was spelled Dennard, but I guess they pronounce it different when in Florida. I can understand messing up Suh's first name (not gonna try and spell it)...but c'mon...DIE-NERD?

3) Nobody has referenced the call at the end of the game?!?! "Carl Pelini doesn't have this Defense Dialed Up...he's gone WIFI." Are you friggin' kidding me?

I'm not gonna play the 'biased/media hates us' card at all. That makes me want to poke my eyes out. But sometimes I wonder if these guys get the rosters an hour before the game and only pre-rehearse their lame catch phrases.

I thought that r00led

Oh, and did anyone else notice that they had the wrong photo up for Matt Slauson when introducing the starting lineups? If it was him, he has lost about 80 lbs and he has a full head of hair.

Man feel lucky. I know you saw this.....

01TebowFox01.jpg

Pretty sure that is not Khalid El-Amin there, unless our friend Tim Tebow has an alter ego...

Tebow is teh Terroistss!!!11!

Some people obviously would not be satisfied with the announcers unless they said "Clemson obviously is an inferior team. Nebraska is so awesome!" the entire game.

Doesn't anyone remember how they gushed over Ganz and how underrated he is in the Big 12? Or how much praise they heaped on Steinkuhler and Suh throughout the game? Or all the hype they spewed out about Helu and Lucky? And our senior, veteran wide receivers, especially Swift, whom they said would be playing on sundays and compared to Wes freaking Welker! And when we were rallying, they lauded Nebraska as a team that just refuses to go down. and yet they're just "so biased" against us?

If you really want a homer Nebraska announcing crew, listen to the radio guys. Even then...

I thought it was a balanced, well-called game. Yeah, they got Keith Williams' picture wrong (and maybe Slauson's as well) and the guy didn't know how to pronounce the name of our #6 corner. What sacrilege, huh?

To close, I'd like to add that I also really enjoyed the line "Carl Pelini doesn't dial up his blitzes, he goes WI FI!" Classic XD

Among the top 35 or so teams, there is not really that much difference in athleticism. There is an execution difference. In the first half, Clemson looked really fast on defense because we executed poorly. In the Second half, you did not see that "speed" difference because of the improvement in assignment execution.

There has always been this perception that teams from the southeast and the west coast are full of super athletes who can run twice as fast and jump twice as high as all others. This just isn't so.

Utah's speed on defense ate Alabama's lunch! there is a difference in athletes and how they are schemed in the play of the game. all things being equal, speed kills, size can be overrated.

Can I use this thread to whine about CBS in general? Like a dumb a$$, I didn't set my DVR correctly for this game. Since we get the CBS College sports channel, I was hoping for a replay, since usually they are pretty good about that sort of thing. I just checked listings and they have NINE replays of the craptastic 3-0 Sun Bowl in the next 7 days, and none of the Gator Bowl.

i cant figure this out for the life of me either...there must be some reason, right? something with contractual obligations or something? because i would think they would rather replay a 26-21 emotional roller coaster than a 3-0 yawner. i raise my kilt to cbs.