Dan Fouts? Are you kidding me?

That was the longest game I think Ive ever seen. Did CBS have some sort of special extended advertising deal for the change of posessions?

The announcers were horrible yeah Im a lil biased but at least my wife who is an OSU (Ohio State) fan was the first to make the comment to me :) It wasnt just the commentators the production level was flat out bad. You'd think that cbs had never shown a football game with some of the angles, cuts, and replays they had. Normally I like their SEC coverage more than ABC/ESPN football coverage.

Its sad that FOX is losing the BCS games I hope they can bid and pic up some other bowl games. They have by far the best announcers, coverage, and production value. Im watching the vtech vs cinci game and FOX is covering the game the way its suppose to be, and the announcers arent talking non stop about stupid crap.

As an Oregon grad, Fouts (and Ahmad Rashad) was smacked around by the '71 Huskers as the Blackshirts dominated and Kinney pounded to an easy 34-7 victory. He probably still holds a grudge over that, as Oregon was probably one of the best teams on the West Coast that year.

whining about broadcasters? are you kidding me?!

what about when Dan Fouts gushed all over Nebraska in the pre-game discussion.

Sheesh.

Honestly, it was not looking good for us at 21-10. If Clemson puts up another score, they'd be close to putting it beyond reach, which is just what he said - "close to".

And you take away two incredible (and very long) runs by Q, and what are we left with? A LOT of stuffed runs.

Vince, if you were really watching the game, then you would know why they gushed about the Clemson defensive and their speed. Did you see Nebraska's first half offensive drive chart? Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, FG, Fumble, INT, Half. Maybe I forgot a punt in there. Again, Quentin gave us a spark on some huge plays, but we were not generally 'rolling.' Helu, in particular, had no answers for their speed today. Trying to bounce it back outside, he was routinely caught and stuffed for losses. They played great D, but luckily, we have a gutsy offense that never mailed it in and made the big plays when it had to.

As an Oregon grad, Fouts (and Ahmad Rashad) was smacked around by the '71 Huskers as the Blackshirts dominated and Kinney pounded to an easy 34-7 victory. He probably still holds a grudge over that, as Oregon was probably one of the best teams on the West Coast that year.

Totally baseless accusation. He might just have a tremendous amount of respect and acknowledgment for Nebraska having played against them. But you assume that he's bitter and classless because you're not happy with his announcing? That makes sense...

Can I use this thread to whine about CBS in general? Like a dumb a$$, I didn't set my DVR correctly for this game. Since we get the CBS College sports channel, I was hoping for a replay, since usually they are pretty good about that sort of thing. I just checked listings and they have NINE replays of the craptastic 3-0 Sun Bowl in the next 7 days, and none of the Gator Bowl.

Can I use this thread to whine about CBS in general? Like a dumb a$$, I didn't set my DVR correctly for this game. Since we get the CBS College sports channel, I was hoping for a replay, since usually they are pretty good about that sort of thing. I just checked listings and they have NINE replays of the craptastic 3-0 Sun Bowl in the next 7 days, and none of the Gator Bowl.

Be my guest...

Was that actually Dan Fouts calling a 21-10 Clemson lead a "near blowout"? Has this guy watched any Big 12 games this year? Oh, and this was after he was saying how Clemson had stuffed the run just as Castille ripped off that 40 yard run. That guy was an idiot today.

i've never been a big fan of dan fouts i'm going into broadcasting and he's the color comentary guy that play-by play ppl dread.

I guess its just me, but I really did not think Fouts was all that bad. Hey, I was pretty damn worried myself that the game was about to get ugly. All in all, I thought that towards the end as NU took over, they were being very complimentary. Didn't I hear a reference by Craig James that "Nebraska is back?" Obviously a different network, but I think this is a case of being a touch too sensitive.