2009 starting QB

No way a true freshman comes in here trying to grip Watson's offense. It took Ganz two full years before he was comfortable with it.

I'd say Witt at this point, but it's going to be an all out war with all 3 in spring practices to truly find out. It could be any of them.

I'm not sure who all watched Cody's championship game a couple weeks ago, but he has just as must of a chance to start as anybody else we have waiting on the sidelines.

I am also 99.9% sure that Cody is not coming here to run the same Offense Ganz is running. Not even close to the same style QB's.

I agree, Bo has said that he has no idea yet who will be the starter next year. Whoever wants it the most would be my guess. This is a good thing though, I would think.

I'm not sure who all watched Cody's championship game a couple weeks ago, but he has just as must of a chance to start as anybody else we have waiting on the sidelines.

Because he played well in a playoff game, he must be ready for big-time division 1 ball. Right?

It'll come down to Lee and Witt, IMO, unless Spano really steps it up. Man, Witt has had some in-game jitters...

Because he played well in a playoff game, he must be ready for big-time division 1 ball. Right?

It'll come down to Lee and Witt, IMO, unless Spano really steps it up. Man, Witt has had some in-game jitters...

Witt has had jitters --- but when you think about it --- that literally millions of people are watching you and Husker fans everywhere are living and dying by the success of the team (well, figuratively) ... there is a great deal of pressure. Hopefully he gets used to it.

I am sure he will.

So.........A true Freshman has never played QB in Division 1 football before????? :dunno

So.........A true Freshman has never played QB in Division 1 football before????? :dunno

I'm confused here...that's what I am trying to say, Green is a true freshman who is not ready for division 1 football. He is not as developed as a passer as he needs to be, and I don't see how his performance in any high school game shows anything about his "starting" chances.

He's going up against two guys, a sophomore and a junior who are each entering their third year in this system and who each have (albeit very limited) game experience.

If we are going keep the same offense which i doubt it will be Witt for sure but if we put in more option it will be a Spano/Green toss up especially if Green get a grasp on most of the offense, in my opinion his athletic ability will off set most of his lack in experience look at Baylors QB he ran all over us and its Baylor imagine Green with a real OL and playmakers at RB

I find it hard to believe it will be anyone but CODY GREEN because even if he redshirts we'll have him for 2 years after Witt or who ever leaves...and 1 of those years will be an inexperienced one....way to much of a talent to not dumb down the offense if needed and start him as a freshman...he needs on the field...by the time he's a junior and senior he'll flourish because he'll be experienced....does no one else get this?

While I'm excited about the prospects of Cody Green... I've got just two words for those who think he's going to come in here, take over, and lead us to a national title through 4 years of starts...

Harrison Beck

(by the way, anyone catch him come in for NC States injured starter against Rutgers... it was classic Beck)