Nebraska Offense

Enhance

I want the turnovers to go away...way too many!! We did well this season getting discipline - we don't get so many bone headed penalties anymore...but could lose some more of them.

I would like to see more production rushing the ball...rushing the ball for 1st downs = winning TOP battle.

I am with you on the turnovers. How NU can pull off wins without winning the TO battle is amazing.

Hopefully with line experience comes a more productive running game.

I don't have a problem with anything we do offensively now. Earlier in the season I was very frustrated with the running game, but it has come along nicely. If there was one thing I'd love to see next year from the offense, it would have to be less turnovers. We lost the turnover battle horribly this year. We don't get enough on D, and we put the ball on the turf way too much.

I would like to see more fullback but we need a Joel M. or Cory S. to do that. The old Nebraska power run is dead, we would be demolished by the big teams but we still need to run and pass as now but I do agree that some of our pass plays are very suspect.

This has been stated in the 80's, 90's and 2000's unfortuantely it took Pederson coming here and believing this type of thinking to put Nebraska where it is today.

When you type this then you are basically saying even if it was possible to have a team the caliber and same offense of the 95 team play against teams today they would be smoked. <_<

Then how can you explain most everyone voting the 95 team as the best ever if they would get smoked by one loss or two loss teams of today?

Anyway, I would like to see Nebraska throw it farther then 10 yards more then twice a game.

I have no problem with implementing short passing attacks, but we do need to have a more vertical threat more often than once a game. If we could get a stronger power-running game, this would really open up the play action pass. It's tough to run the play action out of shotgun since most people are all ready expecting pass.

Who's to say the power run game is kaput? Have you guys seen Georgia Tech this year? Granted they run a triple option, but they lit up quite a few teams this year running the ball. It's not dead.

I predicted this on another thread a few weeks ago. Defenses are recruiting smaller, faster, more athletic guys to help compete against the spread offense. A team that recognizes this trend and revamps their offenses to smash mouth football will get way ahead of the curve. Can you imagine a power running game against a small but speedy defense? It would be devastating. The team may be able to fly to the ball, but powerful blocking and a big guy running you over negates your speed. Nebraska doesn't need to go back to the power run game, but they need to implement some formations into their game plans and practice power run more often, need a strong lead blocker though which is something we didn't have in 2008.

I am new to this board, but have been a Husker fan all my life. Castille is a very good back and had a great game against Clemson. If he can control his turnover issues I think he will have a good year next year. With that said, Helu is the future. He is a great back with a lot of versatility and I htink he will have a huge year last year. If Castille can hold on to the ball they will be one heck of a thunder and lightning, with Helu getting most of the carries.

i knoe Cody Green may not be ready, but I would love to see him and Helu running the zone read, adds a new deminsion with an athlete like that at QB. I can't wait for next season!!!

post-6283-1231388388.jpg

I am new to this board, but have been a Husker fan all my life. Castille is a very good back and had a great game against Clemson. If he can control his turnover issues I think he will have a good year next year. With that said, Helu is the future. He is a great back with a lot of versatility and I htink he will have a huge year last year. If Castille can hold on to the ball they will be one heck of a thunder and lightning, with Helu getting most of the carries.

i knoe Cody Green may not be ready, but I would love to see him and Helu running the zone read, adds a new deminsion with an athlete like that at QB. I can't wait for next season!!!

I had a typo, meant to say I think Helu will have a huge year, **next year**

I would like to see a stat that shows how many passes go to certain areas. For example: to the left and under 15 yards, between the hashmarks under 15 yards, and so on and so forth. The attempts should be fairly even. If not, then we should work on evenly them out. I would also like to see us take more shots down field, however I do realize that our personal did not suggest that we do that very often last year as we didn't have great speed at the wideout or a cannon on the arm of Ganz.