Top 25

Big Red End of year Top 25?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just checked and there are currenty 34 teams with 9 or more wins. I don't think needing a 57 yd field goal to beat CU at home helped our cause, and let's face it, we won a really sloppy game today that's not gonna earn us any style points to set us apart from all those other 9-4 teams.

Yes. Dominating that rushing attack was sloppy. An amazing defensive performance was sloppy. Maybe you don't like defensive battles, but hell, i'll take that game any day. Sure our offense didn't play well but good teams can make up for that once and awhile.... i think we are starting to see this come out a bit... and just like above the near losses to Va Tech and AT TTech? those don't possibly set us apart?

Sorry, but Iowa and Florida State dominated their opponents more than we dominated Clemson. Our defense did not play sloppy, but our offense and special teams did. I love defensive battles, but the fact that it was a "battle" is excactly my point. It was a close game, we prevailed, I'm proud of our team. But we were one first and goal away from losing. That's not the kind of performance that wows the voters.

If I'm one of the voters and not a Huskers fan, I'm not sure there's anything that puts Nebraska at the top of the pack among the 9-4 teams. We're better than many (Pitt, BC, Western Michigan), but I'm not sure voters saw anything today that moves us ahead of FSU, Iowa, Northwestern, Oklahoma St, or Michigan St. It's gonna be close among all of those. Every voter will probably have them in a different order. Like I said in an earlier post, I could see us ranked anywhere between 20 and 27.

And on the close losses against VT and TT, those happened months ago, if they were going to "set us apart" we would already be ranked. And if you're counting the close losses against good teams, you have to consider the narrow victories against bad teams like Colorado at home.

They probably won't be ranked since they are not from the east or west coasts. The voters will find other teams from the coasts to fill in. They've kept Pitt there all year and they suck. Hell, Notre Dame beat a crummy Hawaii team in a crappy bowl, so they will be ranked ahead of us. Maryland won a third rate bowl game on a blue field, so they will be ranked ahead of us. Don't forget Oregon State, who snuck by a snoozing USC and crushed Pitt 3-0 in the Excitement Bowl...

Just going to have to keep winning games...

Polls are over-rated unless we are talking about the top 10 IMO. Granted its nice to say that we are "ranked" but I don't think it matters. Teams that are ranked anywhere from 15ish-30ish are all on the same level, for the most part, just like the top 5 or so are. Its all opinion based.

Absolutely positively correct about after #10 it goes downhill and very subject from there on out. If we are ranked, good, but I wouldn't bet on it. I personally don't need it to happen to get my validation about this team, though.

Just checked and there are currenty 34 teams with 9 or more wins. I don't think needing a 57 yd field goal to beat CU at home helped our cause, and let's face it, we won a really sloppy game today that's not gonna earn us any style points to set us apart from all those other 9-4 teams.

Yes. Dominating that rushing attack was sloppy. An amazing defensive performance was sloppy. Maybe you don't like defensive battles, but hell, i'll take that game any day. Sure our offense didn't play well but good teams can make up for that once and awhile.... i think we are starting to see this come out a bit... and just like above the near losses to Va Tech and AT TTech? those don't possibly set us apart?

Sorry, but Iowa and Florida State dominated their opponents more than we dominated Clemson. Our defense did not play sloppy, but our offense and special teams did. I love defensive battles, but the fact that it was a "battle" is excactly my point. It was a close game, we prevailed, I'm proud of our team. But we were one first and goal away from losing. That's not the kind of performance that wows the voters.

If I'm one of the voters and not a Huskers fan, I'm not sure there's anything that puts Nebraska at the top of the pack among the 9-4 teams. We're better than many (Pitt, BC, Western Michigan), but I'm not sure voters saw anything today that moves us ahead of FSU, Iowa, Northwestern, Oklahoma St, or Michigan St. It's gonna be close among all of those. Every voter will probably have them in a different order. Like I said in an earlier post, I could see us ranked anywhere between 20 and 27.

And on the close losses against VT and TT, those happened months ago, if they were going to "set us apart" we would already be ranked. And if you're counting the close losses against good teams, you have to consider the narrow victories against bad teams like Colorado at home.

1st off. Note that i said we would not be ranked. I understand completely what you are saying. But how impressive is a win against South Carolina? We beat a clemson team that handily beat that same team... Okie St is too high up to fall that far. Northwestern will fall just on the loss factor... Michigan State has one, maybe two, "good" wins if you want to call them that in a 16-13 win at home vs Iowa, and a win on the road against Northwestern.. They got pounded by the rest. And yes, those were back then, but it's the body of work. This team played them well then, and they are playing that much better now. A win over Clemson is worth something. It's worth a decent amount. I agree we are not going to be ahead of FSU, they aren't bad..

like i said above we'll finish just outside the top 25... but it isn't like there isn't a reason to rank us.

1st off. Note that i said we would not be ranked. I understand completely what you are saying. But how impressive is a win against South Carolina? We beat a clemson team that handily beat that same team... Okie St is too high up to fall that far. Northwestern will fall just on the loss factor... Michigan State has one, maybe two, "good" wins if you want to call them that in a 16-13 win at home vs Iowa, and a win on the road against Northwestern.. They got pounded by the rest. And yes, those were back then, but it's the body of work. This team played them well then, and they are playing that much better now. A win over Clemson is worth something. It's worth a decent amount. I agree we are not going to be ahead of FSU, they aren't bad..

like i said above we'll finish just outside the top 25... but it isn't like there isn't a reason to rank us.

I think we're better than Iowa, but in a voters eye they did beat Penn State, all of their losses were within 1 possession, they blew out a team many would consider similar to Clemson (despite the head to head) and they have a big name at running back. Those will keep them ahead of us, I am afraid.

I think we're better than Iowa, but in a voters eye they did beat Penn State, all of their losses were within 1 possession, they blew out a team many would consider similar to Clemson (despite the head to head) and they have a big name at running back. Those will keep them ahead of us, I am afraid.

If we played Iowa, i think we beat them. We can shut down the run i think we proved that, but kids a stud also. They have the signature win to be above us i have no problem with that.. i considered them a "good win" for MSU.. FSU also ahead of us.. but like someone said, we're a no-coast team therefore we won't be ranked.

I think we're basically in agreement...