Top 25

Big Red End of year Top 25?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we sneak in...

Iowa and FSU already had more votes than us and they're definitely ahead of us in line in terms of moving into the top 25.

In terms of teams falling out, maybe Northwestern, Michigan State, BYU, or Pittsburgh, who all lost and were ranked between 15 and 25. Problem is that except for BYU, they all lost to ranked opponents, so they may stay ranked. If we moved ahead of all those, but FSU and Iowa stay ahead of us, we'd be #23

Could also still have Mississippi, VaTech, or Ball St. slide out if they lose. Best case scenario if they all fall out would put us at #20.

Worst case scenario, only BYU falls out and we land at #27, so I'll say we finish somewhere between 20 and 27.

Polls are over-rated unless we are talking about the top 10 IMO. Granted its nice to say that we are "ranked" but I don't think it matters. Teams that are ranked anywhere from 15ish-30ish are all on the same level, for the most part, just like the top 5 or so are. Its all opinion based.

I predict other teams receiving votes around 26 or 27. No one was giving Nebraska votes before so not seeing to many people jumping on the Nu bandwagon.

But this was one of those "good wins" so to speak... look at our losses.. Va Tech game pending we lost to a top 4 team, a top 10 team, a top 15 team, and a top 20 team... bascially... not exactly terrible, when we were in 2 of those games til the end...

Just checked and there are currenty 34 teams with 9 or more wins. I don't think needing a 57 yd field goal to beat CU at home helped our cause, and let's face it, we won a really sloppy game today that's not gonna earn us any style points to set us apart from all those other 9-4 teams.

Just checked and there are currenty 34 teams with 9 or more wins. I don't think needing a 57 yd field goal to beat CU at home helped our cause, and let's face it, we won a really sloppy game today that's not gonna earn us any style points to set us apart from all those other 9-4 teams.

Yes. Dominating that rushing attack was sloppy. An amazing defensive performance was sloppy. Maybe you don't like defensive battles, but hell, i'll take that game any day. Sure our offense didn't play well but good teams can make up for that once and awhile.... i think we are starting to see this come out a bit... and just like above the near losses to Va Tech and AT TTech? those don't possibly set us apart?