Top 25

Big Red End of year Top 25?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, Nebraska will be ranked, I believe between 19-24.

The Big Red is back!

So who do we pass? I doubt Cincinatti or Oklahoma St drop out, so lets say that Georgia Tech, BYU, Pitt, Michigan St and Northwestern all drop out. Iowa, Florida St, West Virginia, Cal and Rice will be in. If Mississippi loses, theres another spot, but it would most likely be given to East Carolina if they win. If Tulsa beats Ball State, they'll jump us and be in, and if not, Ball State obviously stays in.

Our only hope will be that Mississippi loses today, East Carolina loses and the voters decide that we are better than Georgia Tech, BYU, Pitt, Michigan St and Northwestern, which I don't think will happen. I would say we'll be 27-30, especially since we didn't do enough to convince the voters with our victory.

Here's from 12 on down

12. Cincinatti 11-3 (Lost Bowl)

13. Oklahoma St 9-4 (Lost Bowl)

14. Georgia Tech 9-4 (Destroyed in Bowl)

15. Oregon 10-3 (Won Bowl)

16. Georgia 9-3 (Won Bowl)

17. BYU 10-3 (Lost Bowl)

18. Pitt 9-4 (Lost Bowl)

19. Michigan St 9-4 (Lost Bowl)

20. Mississippi 8-4 (Plays today)

21. Virginia Tech 10-4 (Won Bowl)

22. Northwestern 9-4 (Lost Bowl)

23. Ball St 12-1 (Still to Play)

24. Oregon St 9-4 (Won Bowl)

25. Missoui 10-4 (Won Bowl)

26. Iowa 9-4 (Won Bowl)

27. Boston College 9-5 (Lost Bowl)

28. Florida St 9-4 (Won Bowl)

29. East Carolina 9-4 (Plays Today)

30. West Virginia 9-4 (Won Bowl)

31. California 9-4 (Won Bowl)

32. Rice 10-3 (Won Bowl)

33. Nebraska 9-4 (Won Bowl)

34. Tulsa 10-3 (Plays later)

I dont care if we crack the top 25 but if your telling me that iowa breaks it because they beat a lousy **** team then i give up.

let it go...

like it or not Iowa beat a ranked team this season. An opponent ranked by coaches and numerous professional pollsters. A "signature win" as a matter of fact.

like all the polls all year, the voters decide, not internet geniuses.

And yes, Iowa is likely to crack the top 25.

Just checked and there are currenty 34 teams with 9 or more wins. I don't think needing a 57 yd field goal to beat CU at home helped our cause, and let's face it, we won a really sloppy game today that's not gonna earn us any style points to set us apart from all those other 9-4 teams.

Yes. Dominating that rushing attack was sloppy. An amazing defensive performance was sloppy. Maybe you don't like defensive battles, but hell, i'll take that game any day. Sure our offense didn't play well but good teams can make up for that once and awhile.... i think we are starting to see this come out a bit... and just like above the near losses to Va Tech and AT TTech? those don't possibly set us apart?

Sorry, but Iowa and Florida State dominated their opponents more than we dominated Clemson. Our defense did not play sloppy, but our offense and special teams did. I love defensive battles, but the fact that it was a "battle" is excactly my point. It was a close game, we prevailed, I'm proud of our team. But we were one first and goal away from losing. That's not the kind of performance that wows the voters.

If I'm one of the voters and not a Huskers fan, I'm not sure there's anything that puts Nebraska at the top of the pack among the 9-4 teams. We're better than many (Pitt, BC, Western Michigan), but I'm not sure voters saw anything today that moves us ahead of FSU, Iowa, Northwestern, Oklahoma St, or Michigan St. It's gonna be close among all of those. Every voter will probably have them in a different order. Like I said in an earlier post, I could see us ranked anywhere between 20 and 27.

And on the close losses against VT and TT, those happened months ago, if they were going to "set us apart" we would already be ranked. And if you're counting the close losses against good teams, you have to consider the narrow victories against bad teams like Colorado at home.

I still think that a blocked FG, and a blocked punt arent grounds of saying our special teams were sloppy. One muffed punt, sure thats sloppy, but as a whole, I'm pretty proud of our spec team. If Nate swift would have told Paul to get out of his way, they would have been a lot better off. But I still think our special teams did aight

Just checked and there are currenty 34 teams with 9 or more wins. I don't think needing a 57 yd field goal to beat CU at home helped our cause, and let's face it, we won a really sloppy game today that's not gonna earn us any style points to set us apart from all those other 9-4 teams.

Yes. Dominating that rushing attack was sloppy. An amazing defensive performance was sloppy. Maybe you don't like defensive battles, but hell, i'll take that game any day. Sure our offense didn't play well but good teams can make up for that once and awhile.... i think we are starting to see this come out a bit... and just like above the near losses to Va Tech and AT TTech? those don't possibly set us apart?

Sorry, but Iowa and Florida State dominated their opponents more than we dominated Clemson. Our defense did not play sloppy, but our offense and special teams did. I love defensive battles, but the fact that it was a "battle" is excactly my point. It was a close game, we prevailed, I'm proud of our team. But we were one first and goal away from losing. That's not the kind of performance that wows the voters.

If I'm one of the voters and not a Huskers fan, I'm not sure there's anything that puts Nebraska at the top of the pack among the 9-4 teams. We're better than many (Pitt, BC, Western Michigan), but I'm not sure voters saw anything today that moves us ahead of FSU, Iowa, Northwestern, Oklahoma St, or Michigan St. It's gonna be close among all of those. Every voter will probably have them in a different order. Like I said in an earlier post, I could see us ranked anywhere between 20 and 27.

And on the close losses against VT and TT, those happened months ago, if they were going to "set us apart" we would already be ranked. And if you're counting the close losses against good teams, you have to consider the narrow victories against bad teams like Colorado at home.

I still think that a blocked FG, and a blocked punt arent grounds of saying our special teams were sloppy. One muffed punt, sure thats sloppy, but as a whole, I'm pretty proud of our spec team. If Nate swift would have told Paul to get out of his way, they would have been a lot better off. But I still think our special teams did aight

When I said sloppy I was thinking of the kick return game, sloppy is the perfect word to describe our tackle attempts at Spiller. I know he's an incredible athlete, but some of those tackle attempts were downright pitiful. You're definitely right about the blocks though.