Top 25

Big Red End of year Top 25?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we sneak in...

Iowa and FSU already had more votes than us and they're definitely ahead of us in line in terms of moving into the top 25.

In terms of teams falling out, maybe Northwestern, Michigan State, BYU, or Pittsburgh, who all lost and were ranked between 15 and 25. Problem is that except for BYU, they all lost to ranked opponents, so they may stay ranked. If we moved ahead of all those, but FSU and Iowa stay ahead of us, we'd be #23

Could also still have Mississippi, VaTech, or Ball St. slide out if they lose. Best case scenario if they all fall out would put us at #20.

Worst case scenario, only BYU falls out and we land at #27, so I'll say we finish somewhere between 20 and 27.

Since posting this Ole Miss and VT have won, and no way are we moving ahead of either. Cincy lost, but they were ranked 12, and lost to a ranked team, I can't see us jumping them. No way we jump Iowa or FSU either. But we can add Georgia Tech to the list of teams we might jump.

So it still comes down to whether we jump Northwestern, Mich St., BYU, Pitt, and/or GT.

If we jumped all we'd be #22, if we jumped none we'd be #27. I have a feeling Northwestern won't move back much because they played Missouri so tough. I feel confident we jump BYU and Pitt, which would guarantee at least #25, unless the winner of the UConn/Buffalo game moved ahead of us, but this seems unlikely.

Bottom line, I think we're battling Mich St. and GT for spots 23-25.

I believe the polls are based on the whole season, not how strong a team is at the end. Using that standard, NU should not be ranked.... we never beat a team in the top 25.

Personnally I believe NU is a top 20-25 team at the end of the season. Voters won't see it that way.

I'm looking forward to next season already!

Nebraska may be ranked 25th when the rankings come out. I would say they have a 50-50 shot. But if they aren't, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. Nebraska had a good season. Ranked or unranked.

I don't see my Jayhawks cracking the top 25. I'm happy they finished 8-5 with a bowl win.

It will be a fun Big 12 North race next year with KU and Nebraska battling for the North title.

Rock Chalk Baby!

JGS30 has spoken.