How I missed my chance to go to the Gator Bowl

My dad knows I'm an avid Husker fan and is all gung-ho about me going there since I'll be the first person in my family to actually go to college. So when this happened I was a bit surprised.

My father passed up two tickets to the Gator Bowl (he works at Clemson University) that his boss offered him a few weeks ago.

He came home that day and asked me during supper, "Who was Clemson playing in that bowl down in Jacksonville, son?"

"Come on Dad, it's my favorite team! Nebraska is playing them! I've told you about it since ESPN announced it."

My dad looks at me and says, "You're joking, right?"

"No...why do you ask?"

"My boss offered me two box tickets for the bowl game if I wanted them. I told him I wasn't interested."

"You've got to be kidding me."

Let's just say I wasn't a very happy camper after that.

You're in SC, and graduating from HS, and you didnt find a way there?? Oppurtunity missed!

Tix, blocks from the stadium, were being scalped for $40 each 2 hours b4 game time. I saw dozens more guys trying to unload tix as I headed in. You certainly could have gotten tickets far below face if you just could have gotten there.

I went to the Orange Bowl for the NU/Tenn champ game (which at the time of the game, nobody thought was a champ game because Michigan had won the night before and all assumed they were Nat Champs) and bought tickets the night before the game from a Nebraska family that were camped out in the stadium lot in there RV.

I think I paid a little under face value (but hedged my bet because if Michigan lost that night, I knew the price would go up for NU tix) The next day there were guys selling tix for miles as you drove to the stadium, is was incredible, they were almost paying ME to take the tickets, lol.

The morale of the story is this-Get there, the rest takes care of itself