Tim Griffin predicts the Huskers win the 2009 Big 12 North

Really shouldn't be that hard next year IMO.

No, I think you're right, I don't think it'll be easy..but certainly doable.

As far as our big 12 schedule goes next year, the team that really, really, scares me is Baylor. Look, we all know Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Va. Tech for that matter, are going to be loaded..it's a given. But these Bears I think are going to be a bit of a sleeper. I think we will be ready for them, at least I hope we are, but taking them lightly could be a mistake.

Really shouldn't be that hard next year IMO.

No, I think you're right, I don't think it'll be easy..but certainly doable.

As far as our big 12 schedule goes next year, the team that really, really, scares me is Baylor. Look, we all know Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Va. Tech for that matter, are going to be loaded..it's a given. But these Bears I think are going to be a bit of a sleeper. I think we will be ready for them, at least I hope we are, but taking them lightly could be a mistake.

Especially playing them at Baylor. Our schedule next year is BRUTAL! At V. Tech, at Missouri, at Baylor, at KU & at CU. Not that our home games are really easy (OU, T. Tech).

In order for us to win the Big 12 North next year, we're gonna have to do it just like we did the bowl game: with DEFENSE. Our offense almost scored more points for Clemson than it did for itself. Nice to see the best defensive performance of the year come on the last game of the year. It should be a great momentum builder. I expect us to be a top 25 D in 09'.

ESPN big 12 blogger.

he knows the Big 12 territory well.

So well he spent the summer and first weeks of the season trying to convince everyone that MU was the best the big 12 had to offer and his NC game pick... <_<

As a MU fan I think he is crazy.

After Nebraska coach Bo Pelini inserts Zac Lee into the starting lineup, the Cornhuskers catch fire and cruise to the North Division title in a tight race that features four teams

How is this possible? :dunno:

As much as it pains me :hmmph , Ku should be the favorite. They return the most and on paper will have the best O of anyone in the north. Everyones D is a question. Alot of turnover and 'expected' production and improvement from unproven players. Plus you must account for the :wtf moment. Like a mid 50's ranked D returning 10 starters and never getting their act together. :wacko:

Besides, you guys cant have it both ways. Remember :espnsucks: , they hate you remember.... ;)

And before anyone discredits how important offense is. Look at NU this year. Compare there numbers per avg run/pass to that of say teams like MU. Nu did do better this year than last. BUT the biggest diffence was the O's ability to milk the clock giving NU's D about 20-30 less plays to defend. MU is better per play than NU in rush D and passing D. Have a better scoring D and averaged a half a yard better per play overall than NU. N fact, Mizzou was better in almost everyone defensive catagory, the only difference was that Mu had to defend nearly 300 more plays...

statistics...correct 100% of the time, 60% of the time. ;)