Dream Formation (2008)

I really did think Clemson was a lot faster than the Huskers. I just thought Clemson's QB was awful, their execution was bad and they could not move the ball in a consistent manner. You all deserved your win, but Clemson was the much faster team.

You also thought last year that Kansas would beat Nebraska and USF so what you think really isn't in tune with reality... :box

Here's my "dream" formation, I'll call it Shotgun, Quads Right:

.....................................TE...LT...LG...OC...RG...RT......................................................WR

........................................................................................WR.......WR.......WR

..........................................................QB

Now keep in mind it could be Quads Left and/or you could line the WR's up in any way you choose.

I wonder why this formation has never been used before?

Doesn't Missouri use this?

I don't know. The only time I care about what Missery is doing is when they're playing Nebraska.

:box

We couldnt match Clemsons speed either...

Okay, what Gator Bowl did you watch? :laughpound

I really did think Clemson was a lot faster than the Huskers. I just thought Clemson's QB was awful, their execution was bad and they could not move the ball in a consistent manner. You all deserved your win, but Clemson was the much faster team.

clemson has some speed but so did nebraska

.....................................TE...LT...LG...OC...RG...RT......................................................WR

........................................................................................WR.......WR.......WR

Now keep in mind it could be Quads Left and/or you could line the WR's up in any way you choose.

I don't know. The only time I care about what Missery is doing is when they're playing Nebraska.

Exactly from top to bottom Clemson was a much faster team than Nebraska.Listen Im a huge fan but I know speed when I see it.Clemson was as fast as any team we played this year EXCEPT maybe OU.Just because we won the game doesnt mean they were not faster.That said of theams we lost to this year...MU,OU,VT and TT were all faster than us as a whole in fact Clemson was the only team that had more team speed that we beat this year.FACTS.

Exactly from top to bottom Clemson was a much faster team than Nebraska.Listen Im a huge fan but I know speed when I see it.Clemson was as fast as any team we played this year EXCEPT maybe OU.Just because we won the game doesnt mean they were not faster.That said of theams we lost to this year...MU,OU,VT and TT were all faster than us as a whole in fact Clemson was the only team that had more team speed that we beat this year.FACTS.

:yeah

Sorry it was evident, maybe not Tech to the same extreme. But I don't know what you are smoking if you thought that Clemson was not a lot faster as a team than us last year. Dequan Bowers or whatever his name is seemed like the fastest guy on the field when we had the ball at times and he is a 270 pound DE

:yeah

Sorry it was evident, maybe not Tech to the same extreme. But I don't know what you are smoking if you thought that Clemson was not a lot faster as a team than us last year. Dequan Bowers or whatever his name is seemed like the fastest guy on the field when we had the ball at times and he is a 270 pound DE

Evident? By what standards? If you show 40 times contrasting Nebraska and Clemson's positional groups...

- OL compared to their OL,

- DL compared to their DL,

- LB's to LB's,

- RB's to RB's,

- TE's to TE's,

- DB's to DB's, etc

I'll wager there's not any measurable difference.

And, if Clemson was supposedly "so much faster" ... :laughpound ... on defense than Nebraska was...then it would stand to reason that the Husker WR's wouldn't have been able to get open against such "superior" speed now would they?

And if Clemson was soooo much faster on offense than Nebraska was on defense the Huskers would've given up 30+ points and lost right?

Go back and watch the game and see Nebraska's "slow" offense outgain, out-pass, out-rush, out-first down and out-score such a "superior" speedy defense.

Furthermore, if Nebraska's offense wouldn't have gift wrapped 21 points for "the superior speed" Clemson then way too slow Nebraska would've blown the Tigers out. I'm sorry that reality and facts don't coincide with your erroneous opinion.

I think it's ridiculously hilarious that you guys are bleating the whole "Clemson was soooo much faster than Nebraska" and your only evidence is that blatherings of the idiots who called the game. Well geez Harv, them there announcers say Clemson is faster so it must be true!

:laughpound

I don't know, our boy Q made Clemson's D look pretty slow on this play! I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Quenton is NOT our fastest player, so this whole speed disparity argument seems a little overstated.

neNlZWZyTlQ&feature=PlayList&p=80F82531F73E35FD&index=0&playnext=1

I don't know, our boy Q made Clemson's D look pretty slow on this play! I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Quenton is NOT our fastest player, so this whole speed disparity argument seems a little overstated.

Also, I seem to remember Nate Swift burning a "much faster" Clemson DB for a TD.

So let's not bring facts into this discussion...we'll simply confuse Red Storm Brewing and big kole.

Also, I seem to remember Nate Swift burning a "much faster" Clemson DB for a TD.

So let's not bring facts into this discussion...we'll simply confuse Red Storm Brewing and big kole.

Just because the DB is faster doesn't mean a good rout running WR can get open not to mention Joe Ganz's pass to swift was perfect on that TD if that's the play you're thinking of... fact of the matter is Clemson's D was fast, not saying it was faster than ours or that ours was slow. The success of our D came from the front 4 and not the amount of speed

Clemson had open receivers running behind defenders, namely West, all day and I recall Ford running alone for a TD before half Jen. Our front four along with Harper's stellar performance helped our secondary out the whole game. Also watch every option play or run that was designed to go outside that was tried, it never happened. One of those slow defenders seemed to have better pitch relation with Ganz on the play he took back to the house. The overkilled, on previous threads, bubble screen play was blown up that KO'd Helu was pure quickness. And Swift is my homeboy, but it wasn't his burners that caught that TD, it was a perfectly placed ball in very good coverage. The Castille runs were designed to cut right up into the interior of the defense(which for non football armchair QB's is the best way to attack a quick defense).

I am a firm believer that Bo will get his skill set players into this defense but it is absolutely laughable if you think that the lack of team speed last year wasn't evident in games we loss.

You also thought last year that Kansas would beat Nebraska and USF so what you think really isn't in tune with reality... :box

Yeah, USF won on a last second field goal. What was I thinking? You all won fair and square, but it is hard to see that as a foregone conclusion since it was a tossup in Vegas at kickoff. Our Defense not being able to get stops got us, though, so hopefully we will get that fixed. Hopefully our new defensive coordinator getting a year under his belt and a really experienced assistant will help, as we clearly stopped some team snad then looked bad againt others. I guess we will see how well you do this year...

P.S. I am glad you at least read my posts, thanks for listening :)

You would see it with the spread, we run something similar... IMO does not take advantage of the Huskers strengths, and your opponent's defense see it in practice because it is used in the spread and so many Big 12 teams run a variant of it.

fact of the matter is Clemson's D was fast

To all: I'm not saying Clemson wasn't fast, especially on defense, but to say that they were soooo much faster than Nebraska really doesn't hold water.

I mean if someone can post some numbers that showed their WR's were running 4.2 40's and our DB's were running 4.6 40's, then I'll concede the point

Clemson had open receivers running behind defenders, namely West, all day...but it is absolutely laughable if you think that the lack of team speed last year wasn't evident in games we loss

Yeah that tends to happen when the defense is running a zone and the Nebraska defenders aren't quite sure of what they're doing and possibly not dropping to their proper coverage spots.

Also you are failing to remember one crucial aspect...Clemson had a new head coach just prior to the bowl game and he basically ran all new stuff, especially in the first half, that Bo and the defensive coaches hadn't prepared for...that goes quite a ways also in determining the "perception" of speed.

So much of what makes a defense look "fast" is simply executing the scheme without having to think about it and that was, as far as I can tell, Nebraska's biggest problem in '08...too many mental mistakes.

In summary, you think Clemson's WR's were running amok in Nebraska's secondary because they were faster than the Huskers and I think it's because they were still learning Bo's defense...meh...opinions vary.