De Yancy

robsker

On the other board was a list of current NU players that were 4* players when recruited. On that list is William Yancy who should be coming off of a redshirt year (I think). He is a DE. Any of you who are connected and closer to who is doing what have a feel for where this young man is? Is he perched to make an impact? What is the word on how he has looked in practice? has he been hurt or anything? What do we know about him?

He was a 4* player so, at least at that time the expectation was high. It is just that I at least have not heard about him in forever.

I know that Callahan liked him when he came in. Very long arms, pretty slight build for a DE, though. I imagine they have been trying to get some weight on him and get his upper body strength built up. It's hard to be an every down DE when you are outweighed by 60-75 lbs. Maybe he can be a guy that shoots out of nowhere this year and is able to spell Turner or Allen for some quality PT. We lost 2 senior DE's after 08, that may explain why he didn't see the field a bunch.

You have to assume that he will atleast be in the mix. I have heard really good things about DE Josh Williams, and they were planning on playing Merideth last year, had he not gotten hurt. I would expect Yancy to definitely see the field some next year, atleast.

I thought Merideth did play last year.

He did, very little, and got injured. I believe he's getting a medical RS for '08.

You have to assume that he will atleast be in the mix. I have heard really good things about DE Josh Williams, and they were planning on playing Merideth last year, had he not gotten hurt. I would expect Yancy to definitely see the field some next year, atleast.

I thought Merideth did play last year.

He did, very little, and got injured. I believe he's getting a medical RS for '08.

:thumbs

;)

But Yancy has had two years of shoulder problems. Has not got training like he needs either because of the shoulder problems.