what WR will emerge in 09

I wish i had the answer. However i am more on par with lilred. I dont know that we will see a breakout year for any of our WR's main reason being the man getting them the ball. We are breaking in a new QB, even if our WR's run perfect routes it doesnt mean our QB will be making the proper reads to get them the ball. I hope I am wrong, but i think we are going to have to lean on the hogmolies up front and a stable of RB's.

I agree with above :yeah We don't even know how effective our QB will be.

But the QB, no matter who it is, should be able to throw the short and intermediate (I hope). If the QB can do that, I think our TE's will have be big. McNeill would break out. If someone can step up and throw downfield like Ganz did, then I'm looking at Paul for his downfield, big play potential. I'm thinking Holt will step up as a possession receiver and be big in the red zone.

it all depends on QB play. Or like above...we won't have to pass because the big red ground machine chews up everything in it's path!! :woo

Sounds like people think we have a sally coming in at Quarterback. Both Lee and Witt have been here 2 years. They know the system. By now they have proven they can compete, or coaches wouldn't be so high on them when they make remarks about how they are confident about either one stepping in.

I don't understand people saying our WRs will be unimportant next year since our QB will be soooo unproven. Both guys have been here and have developed relationships with WRs and coaches and have learned a ton from Ganz and from practice (and limited game) experience.

Quote a lack of speed and explosiveness or not enough stars on rivals or bad attitudes or something, but please don't say that our WR play will be negated by a new quarterback. It will affect play calling, yes, but who ever gets the start at quarterback will be able to deliver the ball and make throws. We have enough competition for the position to assure that.

The most likely WR to step up and produce more next year is probably Holt. He is a big target and will be a good possession receiver. However, I would like to see Currenski break out. If he's the one, that means we will add the deep threat we have been sorely missing for a long time. If he can step up and evolve into a real threat it would do so much to diversify our offense. Fingers crossed.

NONE!! :clap

Won't need to pass against KU next year !!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

at least you hope that's the case...... :clap All you have is hope, while KU returns all the experience. See you in Lawrence Pink Shirts.

Hey JGS30, you lose anymore friends to " marijuana overdose"? We will dominate you're pathetic offensive and defensive lines again. And our QB will have several games under his belt by then, so I don't see any problems there. You better hope Brisco has like 300 yards recieving, because you will get zero on the ground.

at least you hope that's the case...... :clap All you have is hope, while KU returns all the experience. See you in Lawrence Pink Shirts.

Pink Shirts :)

well maybe in the days of cally you could say that.. but hmmm those pink shirts will shut down your "experience." But i forgot, you'll pry go undefeated against the south this year. and hell, undefeated against the north too. KU has all the experience in the world and they are already guaranteed the MNC. Is it the 2010 season yet?

The most likely WR to step up and produce more next year is probably Holt. He is a big target and will be a good possession receiver. However, I would like to see Currenski break out. If he's the one, that means we will add the deep threat we have been sorely missing for a long time. If he can step up and evolve into a real threat it would do so much to diversify our offense. Fingers crossed.

if he get's that "hand transplant" in the off season he may have a chance.....

Hey JGS30, you lose anymore friends to " marijuana overdose"? We will dominate you're pathetic offensive and defensive lines again. And our QB will have several games under his belt by then, so I don't see any problems there. You better hope Brisco has like 300 yards recieving, because you will get zero on the ground.

Ya thats right JGS30 KU is headed back to basketball school with a poor excuse of a football team again. these last couple of years were a fluke

what do you guys think? i think Paul will redeem himself and have a breakout year along with Holt and they will be our everydown recievers like Swift and Peterson were this past year. What are ur guys thoughts?

Paul and Holt, but would also like the others to step up and help out